Which Super Swamper? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:31 AM
joeybcdt

Which Super Swamper?

I'd like a little help picking out a tire.

I'm pretty sure I want to go with Super Swampers radial. I usually drive in lots of wet areas. So there's mud. No rock climbing. Just an all-around hunting vehicle. It will see some highway use. Not my daily-driver.

Thanks,
Joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Which Super Swamper?

How much mud are we talking about, and what kind?

Swampers are the king, and the TSL Radials and SSR's are good tires in the goo, while being nicer on road than their bias ply siblings. However, if the mud isn't truly serious enough to warrant them, a good radial mud tire could get you there and back without much more difficulty and be nicer on the road. My trucks will be my daily drivers usually, so I like regular radial muds for daily driving and good road manors, while still being able to get me down that muddy two track.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

TSL SXs seem to be the favorite around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 12:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have TSL SX and they seem to wear nicely. Aggressive enough in the mud and do pretty well on the pavement. I don't climb rocks, only go in the mud ( pretty deep) and they are the best I've ever had.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 02:00 PM

<font color="green"> SXs have really stiff sidewalls, they kinda suck in the sand. I prefer a regular TSL since I run in the sand and need a bit of a sidewal bulge. The radials are the best for that though, they bulge real nice. The sidewalls on the radials aren't nearly as strong though.</font color>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 02:53 PM
87sm465np208

i honestly like the mud king radials, i saw them at farm and fleet, ive heard lots of good things about them as well as bad, mostly good, they look damn aggressive, big deep voids and lugs, very similer to the SS tsl tred patern but cheaper then the tsl ss radial, thats just my thought. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well, 36 and 38" TSL SXs are on quite a few trucks up here. Being in the upper peninsula of Michigan we've either got sand or dirty sand.

I have seen some TSL radials but only on the "smaller" trucks. In other words, 31s on Jeeps and Ferds.

If I were to buy some Interco tires I'd buy me some TSL SX's. But they're way out of my price range.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:56 AM

I really like my SSR's. Lot's of traction in the goo yet surprisingly quiet on the pavement
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:16 AM
Mud in my Veins

most of the locals run TSLs or boggers so I've never seen first hand what kind of tread wear an SX will get... anybody know of somebody first hand that got decent wear out of them under a fullsize? I'd be really tempted if i thought i could get 25k out of a set, though I've been pondering getting a separate set of "weekend tires"... some boggers or radial tractor tires, ya know [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 01:37 PM

you may find this interesting... Bogger

and here SSR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode