Is interior important? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 10:09 PM
joeybcdt

Is interior important?

I now own an '83 Jimmy. I plan on spraying the inside with bed-liner. Is there any reason why I shouldn't remove all plastic, vinyl, cardboard from the interior? I mean headliner to all that stuff around the cab and bed....except the door panels. What's this stuff hiding?

It seems to me, it'd be best to get rid of all this stuff. If I can see the metal, I will know if something's wrong with it. Am I thinking straight?

Joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 11:15 PM
87sm465np208

Re: Is interior important?

im gunna say go for it, because i could give a damn how scuffed up my interior gets, as long as im not resting my feet in 1 in. of mud on the floor, im good, yea, that would be cool to spray some, or roll on some bed liner with that stuff, good idea [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:08 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

If it's lower than the bottom of your seat go ahead and remove it. Take my word for it, it'll get noisey if you take everything out. All I have is my door panels and a seat right now. When my speedometer shows 32mph (~38 actual) I reach a harmonic frequency where I can't even hear the motor.

With my old tires (Grabber APs) I could listen to the stereo at 10 on the volume control. I put my 33s on and I could barely hear it at 19 and I couldn't hear my electric fuel pump anymore (mounted on the firewall). Now with no floor I have to have it at 26. And this is at city speeds (under 45mph).

Not to mention it's harder to heat my cab now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:08 AM

spray her up and show us how she looks when ur done
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 01:36 PM
87sm465np208

yea id like to see what bed liner would look like in a cab, might be worth doing it myself after i see what it looks like. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 11:14 AM
76chevy350

I'd say go for it if you really plan on getting it dirty, it makes it a lot easier to clean, that's for sure. If you're worried about the noise and stuff, you can get thin sheets of that closed cell foam rubber, cut it to fit, glue it to the floorboard, and then go over it with that bedliner stuff. Guy I knew in Bonners Ferry did that and it seemed to work pretty well.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I did most of it earlier this week. I have the passenger side, the hump, and under the visible part of the seat (not in the middle) done. The only part I haven't gotten done is the driver's side floor because it's been so cold. It cured really slow earlier this week when it was in the upper fifties. It's been in the low thirties and I can't have my vehicle down for a long period of time.

If it gets to forty like it's supposed to tomorrow I think I'll do my floor instead of going wheelin'.

Anyway, remind me, and I'll take some pictures. I have 90+ emails from ORC and CK5 in my inbox and they're getting deleted.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well, I did it a while ago. I took pictures and meant to post them but forgot. It's either that or I saved them in a weird place on my website. Anyway, I can't find them. However, I hosed out my truck today. I had to yank the plastic trim so I could hose it good.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I parked it in some water again. This time it was really muddy water.

Before hosing:

After hosing:
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 02:54 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

And yes, there is a hole in my floor. It's strategically placed above the body mount bolt. I bet you can guess why. hehe.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 02:34 PM

Looks sweet wrath!!! That's something I'm definitly gonna do once I have floorboards that are worthy of paint!!

Must sure be easy to keep it clean!

I think its about time I keep my beater a little cleaner - my buddies keep complaining about mud and grease getting on their clothes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode