who has had lots of luck with chevy? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 02:37 PM
87sm465np208

who has had lots of luck with chevy?

why are chevys built so well? i own an 87 1\2 ton short bed tbi 350 sm465\np208 and two ten bolts, i beat the hell out of it, but do regular mantience and make sure fluid is where it should be. ive droped it off a 3 foot drop off, bounced it to the point the tires kept leaving the ground, burnt the clutch really bad once on a hill [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], felt really stupid about that for a while. had it in 3rd insted of 1st, [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. it just suprizes me how much a 1\2 ton can take, i wouldnt think of upgradeing to a 14 bolt and dana 60 front, id probly just be wasteing my money and effort. but who else has suprized themself with the reliablity of their truck? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 02:59 PM

Re: who has had lots of luck with chevy?

Isn't this the same truck that leaks from every seal in it? Man you make alot of useless posts between here and ck5.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm kind of surprised I didn't tear my NP208 off today. I watched this "V" in the dirt just to the right of my rear differential follow me in my rearview.

It went through some abuse today. I stopped my truck with a rock and a log. I drove it off a 2.5' dropoff where the frame stopped me from nosediving. I went up an off-camber incline so steep that every carbureted vehicle that tried going up it didn't want to stay running.

She kept running even though the fan was splattering water all over the motor and the exhaust was completely submersed.

I just tore the floor out of my truck since it was soaked. I'm not putting it back in this time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Mud in my Veins

bedliner time? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I put some plasti-kote stuff on after I replaced the floor. Earlier tonight I went to wallyworld and bought two more cans. I'm going to urethane the seams and then spray some more of it on there. I'd have to order herculiner and rhinoliner here is very expensive.

I drove it and it's freaking noisey. I can even hear the starter solenoid before the starter begins cranking the motor. I thought my electric fuel pump was loud before, now it's deafening.

When my speedo shows 32mph it makes the whole truck echo so loud I swear the roof is going to fall on me.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 08:15 PM

Try driving a samurai, its like that all the time. Plus I don't have a faceplate for my stereo (stolen) so I just listen to my tires. Sometimes I can hear other peoples stereos, but thats only stopped at stoplights. Plus some of the snaps are broken on my soft top so at 80+km/h it flaps in the wind and thats really loud.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Mud in my Veins

I agree with KoC, my Tracker is SOOOO noisy. My Blazer with a 350 breathing through high flow exhaust with a 40 series Flowmaster was quieter than this thing is. Especially with the MT's, worn out soft top, and exhaust pipe cut off about 2 feet to short under the body.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It would be nice to drive around in a vehicle without having to have the radio on 20 or 22 to hear it.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 10:54 PM
87sm465np208

wrath all i can tell ya, is get a skid plate of some sort under your 208, i got mine for 25$ at a junkyard even tho it didnt fit quite right [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], it is still a gard to your 208
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 10:57 PM
87sm465np208

why dont you keep your trap shut willyswander, i wasnt asking for your asinine opion about my posts, READ BEFORE YOUR WRITE ass munch. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 11:58 PM

hey man, dont mess with the bull or your gonna get the horns...just a little advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode