TV cable - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TV cable

700R4 tranny right, suppose to self adjust. Push the slider all the way in let go of the D-clip right. Then twist throttle all the way out. Suppose to click out on it's own right? shift points are around 15-20, 30-35, 45-50. To get the proper shift points and everything, I ended up doing this manually. Already did it a while ago right, so it's not a problem or anything, just curious if anyone else had to manually adjust it.
I have the slider about 1/4" out of the D-clip part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TV cable

what you do is push the button and put the slider all the way back. Then hold the D button down and give it WOT (Wide open throttle) and it will slide out to about the correct spot. Then it is just trial and error to pinpoint the spot where you want it to shift. Sounds like you had it right except you need to hold the D button down as you open the throttle [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe I'm not reading the instructions right:
TV Cable
eh not sure if I did that right...and I am inept.
Anyway from my understanding of these instructions, and all the others I have read, you release the button with the slider all the way in. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
It doesn't really matter but, if I am doing something wrong I would really like to know. Next time it could be significantly easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I always did it while holding the button down. Try it without the button and see if it goes. If it doesn't then hold the button down. Might spray some carb cleaner or something on that little rod too to help it slide. Just rememebr when you are fine tunning it don't go too far at a time otherwise can burn the tranny out if the throttle pressure is wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode