HELP! Lift is here..EDIT: Bushins is on the way - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

HELP! Lift is here..EDIT: Bushins is on the way

It turns out that the rear springs are supposed to be shipped to Rough Country with bushins already pressed in, but they got a shippment in last week that did not have bushins pressed in, and the shipping department forgot to add those to my order..so to make a long story short, they are overnighting me a set, free of charge.
Pics to come soon!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

My lift came in..the rear springs dont have bushions. I know they dont advertise that the rear springs "come" with bushins, but?? WTF? I'm plannin on taking this thursday and friday off to do the install, and I need some rear leaf spring bushions, and shackle bushins.

You cant re-use bushions can you? HEPMe [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 11:51 AM

Re: HELP! Lift is here..some of it anyway.

Well, contact the lift manufacturer first, if you just got the springs and not the whole kit, most of the time the dont come with bushings. Just go to a local spring shop, they are an instock item for most of them.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 12:34 PM

All i can say is that i've heard good things about the
greasable polyurethane bushings. Someone will chime in
here with the url if we wait........

Ok, maybe the greasable ones were for something else, i
forget, but heres a set of spring bushings.......
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/springbushings.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 01:06 PM

Not to knock ORD, but it appears as though they have had problems with their greasable bushings (check out the ORD forum at CK5). If you take the springs to a spring shop they should have a number of different styles of rubber/metal bushings for those springs depending on what your looking for: flex, ride quality, durability.

When I had my springs made the spring guy showed me all these bushings and none of them were poly. He said that a good quality rubber bushing is way better for off-road than a poly bushing.

Just my 2
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is the benefit of poly?
The last time I asked about switching to that, the guy I asked laughed at me. Never bothered explaining it though either. I gathered from him laughing at me, my setup and use of the truck won't benefit from the poly.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 04:16 PM

Not to sure about the benefits of poly for 4x4's, but I know that when I talked to the spring guy he had 40$+ rubber/metal bushings that he said flexed great and lasted a long time; whereas those poly bushings are relatively cheap.

That lead me to believe that poly can't be the best for wheeling, and this guy has been in the spring business for over 20 years; so I'd hope he knows what he is talking about.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:00 PM

Man I only paid 10 bucks each for my rubber/steel bushings, and they had a 2 year gaurantee on them from my local shop.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:15 PM

Yeah, I payed about 10 bucks a peice for mine too, but he had ones that were worth 40 bucks. They were pretty skookum looking, I forget how they were assembled but they looked like they'd flex pretty well. I think they might have been all rubber except for a metal sleeve on the inside..

I wish I could remember what was goin on with them; this debate has came up soo many times now..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode