Carb question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Kendog454

Carb question

Ok, I as you may or may not know, I recently put on an Edelbrock Performer system on my 350. It has the 1406 carburetor. Now, my question is, when the truck's cold, it had good low end torque from idle. But when it's at running temperature, it kind of stumbles when I try to take off, espically when I put it under a little load like if I'm stopped on a little gradient. Is it adjustment probelms? Any feedback appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 01:22 PM

Re: Carb question

<font color="green"> Edelbrock's troubleshooting guide in the owner's manual is really gret for figuring this stuff out. Mine did the same thing, seems to me it was a bit lean at the low end, but it's been a couple of years. </font color>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 05:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm running a 1406 too, and the carb really has to be adjusted according to the book, and then you can go from there. I still have to adjust the choke, my high idle is really high [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] oops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 06:36 PM
Kendog454

Yea mine's really high too. I don't have to go out and buy new rods and stuff do I?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 06:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shouldn't have to, but if you have aftermarket heads, or the engine is a larger bore, etc. It is possible, not likely though. It's just a little choke adjustment for that screaming idle, I am lazy and it isn't that cold yet so not worried about it. All the important stuff really is just adjusting those screws in the front to the proper setting. I have a dwell meter that I use to help with the adjustment, can also use a tach for it. I believe the instructions say adjust one screw at a time, and put the screws at a place where they keep the engine running the fastest at slow idle. and then back off like a half turn or something. clockwise makes it richer.
hehe, same carb on 3 engines....no I've never done this before [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 06:57 AM
ratlover

Sounds like she leans out when it warms up and the choke opens.....Try adjusting for max vacume per edelbrack instructions(the 2 screws in the front)or you can use rpm if you dont have a vaccume gauge(a tach in your truck isnt accurate enough, going to have to use a multimeter) You can download the instructions off edelbracks website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode