Buckshot Mudders - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Buckshot Mudders

What do yall think about Buckshot Mudders? I priced some today (315/75/16) they were 148 ea, plus all the rest of the crap they charge before you can drive away, total price came to like 685.00. I need living proof that these tires are damngood before I buy'em. I aint never run any of'em. *note* i'm gonna buy an extra set of wheels to put these tires on too. I was thinking of a steel wheel, 8 inches wide. Is that to narrow? I dont want to ride around with balloons under me. Of course...if any of you have these items and would consider sell or trade..by all means..let me know. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Buckshot Mudders

I run the exact same size tire. I like my buckshots pretty well. I have had them since march or so now and alot of tread left. I found some trash one day and cut a hole in one but they warranteed it. I paid $125 each but I have good sources [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Matt, what size wheels do you run?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:55 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well, for about the same amount or a little more you should be able to find BFG MTs. Shop around.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 11:00 PM
Mud in my Veins

wrath, you priced out a 315/75R16 BFG MT lately? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Right around $200-215 each, and BFG's price lock is around $190. Not even close.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 11:14 PM
Mud in my Veins

I liked the old Buckshots made by Gateway but those "Buckshot Maxxis Mudders" look like most any of the generic mud terrains, which you can get for $120-130 if you shop around. Those tires you mention are $129 at Natl Tire. The new BFG mud KMs are going to be more like $180 for that size at retail price, they were $170 for my 35x12.5-15's, but i complained about the old style being so much cheaper and they knocked $11 off each tire [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I'm sure you wouldnt go wrong with those Buckshots, but if another tire will perform just as well and is cheaper, it might be worth researching. WalMart can order those SuperSport HT's that are pretty damn cheap but dont expect good service from them, the ones around here suck as a tire shop. Sears usually has some kind of sale going on either BFGs or Dunlops, and look around for a Khumo dealer too, those are good tires and pretty cheap.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 05:21 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, I forgot they were 16's. Probably in the 170-180 range. You can get 33x12.50r15s for $150 without trying.

I'd get a Laredo MT or Grabber MT before I bought a Buckshot.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Priced Buckshots again (315/75/16) this morning across town for 137.22ea. We're Gettin Close!

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 08:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run my Buckshots on 16x10 wheels. They measure 34.5"ish tall and 12.5"ish wide on those wheels with 35 psi. That was when they were new and I haven't measured since. For the price of 35s on 16s they are a great deal compared to BFGs or the like.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Mud in my Veins

Hey Big10, you planning on swapping in 3/4 ton axles or something? Just wondering why you're going to 16" rims on a half ton?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode