Am I retarded???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:25 PM
deepnsteeP

Am I retarded????

I can't get my Warn premium hubs to go in far enough on my 1980 GMC......I thought they were just supposed to go right on half an hour. They push right up to the bearing retainer nut.....which makes it about an eighth of an inch short of getting the spring clip on the axle shaft. Please help...heh....I think I am retarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 09:47 PM
87sm465np208

Re: Am I retarded????

put them in there, and grab a sledge hammer (15 lb) and hit it in there as hard as you can, no j\k, see if there is any crap in teh way, werer these auto lock hubs before, if so you might encounter a problem, hope this helps [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] LOL, your having the same problem i was having, go around the whole assembly to where the axle shaft goes into the whole assembly and give it a shove, tword you if your looking at the axle in the spindle, lol i was getting frustrated when i was doing my wheel joints and putting the old hubs back in, yea, but you just gotta pull the shaft twords you a wee bit, go behind the steering knukle and push the shaft out, that should solve yur problem, happy installing. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], i wish i could of just called you and told you the problem to put your mind at ease.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:03 PM
deepnsteeP

That did it! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 01:25 AM
Mud in my Veins

you dont know how big of a smile i was wearing when i had to tell a couple jeepers how to do this on their rig that broke a shaft on the trail... they would still be on there now trying to fix it if i hadnt thrown that little detail in there [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you should have to press pretty hard if your seal is in good shape and it's got some grease in it, which i hope it does [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode