?? how ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 03:06 PM
tool

?? how ??

How do I add fluid to my np208 transfer case? If it helps any, it's out of an 86 blazer, 305,700R4. I'm sure this is probably a dumb question, but I really have no clue. I'm somewhat of a Newbie to the world of offroading and offroad vehicles. Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 03:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ?? how ??

I have found the easier is a small pump thing. It it a tub that looks the size of a grease gun but has a hose on one end and a pump handle on the other end. Put the hose into your ATF then suck it into the pump then put the hose into the t-case then pump it into the t-case. I'm sure there are other ways but that is my fav way
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:00 PM

to make it a little clearer for someone whop might not be familiar with it...this tool looks like a giant syringe with a flexible needle. one can also use tubing and run it through the cap of a quart of ATF.make sure there is a good seal using JBkwick..silicone or whatever and then you can squeeze the bottle and the fluid goes in. either way works well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well, pull the fill plug. It's the giant plug that is right next to the speedometer cable. I don't know what size it is but a crescent wrench fits it just fine. haha.

Anyway, I fill mine with an oil squirt can. After about two quarts fatigue starts to set in though (especially when it's snowing outside). I have one of those nifty pumps that you can buy for $4 at an auto parts store that fits on a quart container but I've never used it. Yeah, I'm a little weird.

I almost forgot, fill it until it's within 1/2" of the bottom of the hole. Anywhere between just barely coming back out and 1/2" below is good. I think GM recommends 1/2" below for full time systems and to the bottom of the hole for part time systems. I might have those backwards now that I think about it..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the drain plug and the fill plug are 30mm [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] i found that if you go with whatever is the most convenient for you, it's all good. after all as long as the fluid gets in there [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i know of at least 3 ways, best for me is a funnel with a line on it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 09:55 PM
87sm465np208

lol the funel method is gay, all i do is take an old top off a gear lube bottle and spray it down with carb cleaner to get all the gear lubiness off and stick it on a dex 3 bottle trim it alittle and then stick some hose over the tip about 5-6 inches i think im useing 1\2 inch hose too, this method is far by the best method ive ever used. if you use a funnel, gotta keep filling it and if you fill it to much [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], hope this helps [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 06:22 PM
tool

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of good info and ideas, I appreciate it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode