atomotive gods hate me, trans to t-case problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

atomotive gods hate me, trans to t-case problem

well i attempted to put the tranny (nv4500) with the t case (np205) together today, FAILED!!! why tha F does everything have to go wrong! in any case, they both have a six bolt pattern on them except there is one problem, tranny pattern is a tead bit bigger and rotated (tranny has openings starting at 12 o'clock, t case starts 1:30 or so) i thought there was just one verwion of six bolt round patterns? in any case, what gives?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 02:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: atomotive gods hate me, trans to t-case probl

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...1732fdqsGOvNIh

i just found this pic, its a np205 with a male 10 spline output, mine is a female 32spline is the only difference, is this all that comes with a t case? the three orange painted parts, are those considered adapters, if so i have teh th400 one, where do i get one for an nv4500, its very simular to th400 with differences like listed above. anyone?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Can't Get Enough

There is another TH400 adapter as wel. I don't know the years used, but It is in my truck. It has the round pattern on both ends, not the figure 8 to the case and round to the tranny. I don't think the 205 ever came behind a 4500, so you might have to have your adapter modified, or find someone that makes a custom piece for your application.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 03:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wanna swap t cases? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] from what i understand (my understanding changed in the last fiew days) is that my t case has the figure 8 bolt pattern on the housing, and it has the th400 adapter, your t case has the round six bolt pattern that would fit my tranny and would be a direct bolt up without any adapters, sooooo... wanna swap?
just to make sure, can you look under your truck and see if the bolt pattern is a tad bigger on the t case end than on the tranny? and is there a bolt at 6 o'clock on your t case end? as opposed to there being one at ~4:30 and ~7:30 (tranny end) i would grately apppreciate it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Can't Get Enough

Sorry, From what i understand, i have the most desireale 205 made(32 spline input and outputs). That, and it fits right where it is nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode