Off Roading Forums banner

Happier than a teenager in a back seat

900 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  86DIESEL 
G
#1 ·
I scored a 74 jimmy and a 76 blazer this weekend
. The bad part is I had to pay $75 for them both. Yes I sayed $75. The 74 Jimmy has a fully removable top. And a body that is in supermodel shape for that old. It has a 4" suspension lift. and little tires. Its black and doesnt even need a floor in it. Gosh Im happy.

See less See more
G
#6 ·
there not really in the mud there just in a dirt field that was wet when I found then. Pics are on my camera that hasnt been developed. I know a full size blazer is a k5, but what do they call a full size jimmy?

#8 ·
I hate you.
People want twice what they are worth up here if they are in even decent shape, and the crappy beater ones they either still want to much for them or they aren't safe to even use as a beater.

I'm beginning to really hate Michigan. Will be interesting to see what this coming winter does to that feeling.

A K5 is a K5, Jimmy or Blazer. If they are still there, the fender badges on both will say K5.

#12 ·
yeah like i said it was those kids with the wrenches, great movie. but not like it never happened in real life i know ive heard of at least one cop kicking out a back window cuz he locked himself in back in the day.

G
#13 ·
Never actually utilized a back seat...but did you know that if you are about 5' tall a bench seat in a full size chevy is as good as a bed?
the hood and the bed are also practical for the size of them, but if your bed is like mine well...eh you don't want to go near it. Closest I came to a back seat was folding down the back seat in my blazer. From what I heard though front seats that lean back are much better...I'll have to find out someday

#14 ·
yeah, some of my buddys thought it would be funny this summer when i had the topper on my S-10 to throw in a couple of pillows and a old mattres, needless to say, the date didnt find it too funny
but she did understand, and also like watching me get my revenge later that night, its gotta be a real bitch when your radio doesnt work due too a fuse missing

#16 ·
food for thought. a futon matress fits perfectly i nthe bed of a FS truck. peel off the tonneau cover adn you're all set. myg/f loves to drive out into the middle of nowhere with me and watch stars....and whatnot. the whatnot is the best part.

anybody know of a way to keep leaf springs from squeeking. i'd rather not grease them as it attracts dirt. anysuggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.