Pics of the new Burb - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 03:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pics of the new Burb

Finally got around to taking some pics of the Suburban. Things are moving steadily now, got all the fluids changed and am working on a patch panel for the rear tailgate mount, and fabricating a replacement for the rear body mounts. I am also planning on taking those godforsaken running boards off. Wifey drove the truck and loved it. She had that look in her eyes that said "can I have it?" so that'll be the last time for that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, lemme know what you think of it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 06:05 AM

Re: Pics of the new Burb

Looks pretty good. So when will the 4" lift be in? and the 35's? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 10:27 AM
ratlover

Stupid question.....is wheelbase for a burb the same as a reg cab long bed? Weight is close to the same right?(500 more I guess?)

Nice burb BTW.....I had running boards like that on a K5 I had and hated them.....actually I liked them till I highsided it[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].....then the looked like crap and I found out what they did to my ground clearance. It would look better with 35's though[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 02:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Everything in time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I gotta get some other small things out the way first. like those patch panels I mentioned. Made some at work today, and will probably get around to putting them in tomorrow. After that it's back to re-inspect and get a sticker. Then I can worry about the lilft. As for the 35's, I'll wait till the 32's wear out and replace 'em with 35's.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 05:48 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Cool Burb!

Craig, your avatar isn't working, looks like the host replaced it with an advertisemetn of some sort. Sneaky bastards...[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They look pretty awsome with 44s [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 02:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe someday...it's my daily driver now, and family transportation (I've got four kids). I plan on keeping it around for a long time, so I'm sure it'll go through a lot of changes. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I see you have an 86 Burb, any lift, or is it stock?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh yea, lots of mods! Where to start. Right now it has 11" of lift. 8" springs front and shakel flip on rear plus add a leaves,and 3" body lift. Original 350 SBC with 700R4 and 205 t-case. Advance Adapters output shaft in trans. Dana 60 front after 3 Dana 44s. 14 bolt rear with Detroit Locker. 4" driveshaft,rear, and 1350 ujoints. 38.5/11/16 Swamper Boggers on dually wheels. Arrowcraft dually kit on rear and stock dually hubs on front. Warn locking hubs. Here is the good part. This summer we cut the back off at the rear doors. Got a rear section from a pickup cab and welded it on. Moved the rear end back 11" and fit a bed on after cutting down to fit. Why? Rust! We live in Florida so anything outside rusts bad. My wife is going to help me with a web page and all the before during and after pics will be on. Its been a really good truck and very reliable(knock wood). Paint is next, after I fix that damn Camaro. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nice, lemme know the web page when you finish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode