350 TBI - something is not right - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 05:15 PM
427jimmy

350 TBI - something is not right

My truck has a 90 350 tbi. Hedders, dual exhaust w/crossover pipe, torque cam, edelbrock intake, stage 2 chip, newer fuel injectors, new wires, plugs, Fireball coil, low temp thermostate. My question is what would be the Ideal timing setting? I have it at 0 degrees right now. I had it at 4 degrees and didn't notice much of a difference. Some guy at a local shop said to keep advancing it til it ticks and glugs and then back it off until it doesn't under load. He said 8 degrees but won't that really mess the computer up, since it advances and retards it accordingly? I just want to make it run as powerful as possible. Could I put 454 tbi injectors on it? Will that mess the computer up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: 350 TBI - something is not right

Just set it to what is on the sticker on the core support. let the computer mess with it from there.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 05:06 AM
427jimmy

I'd do that but my truck was in a front ender before I bought it. The rad support was changed and it has no emission sticker. (gives me an excuse for having hedders and bottles with no catalytic) But like I was saying should I just leave it at 0 degrees?? If the temperature of the motor is too cold will it make the motor run less powerful and burn more gas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My 87 350 TBI says to set the timing at 0 degrees, remember to unplug the advance wires when you time it! It's an engine code K, BTW. I think these were all the same into 91?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode