Couple Questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 03:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Couple Questions

Just have a few questions maybe some of u could help me with. i bought my truck about 2 months ago and i am only 15 so it hasnt been driven at all except from our shop to the drive way. i do start it almost everyday but thats all. when i do start it, there is smoke and drops of water that come out the tail pipes....its not black smoke. Could this be my head gasket. My other question is....is a 8ply tire to heavy duty for a 35 inch tire that is mostly goin to be street driven. All advice will be apreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 04:28 PM

Re: Couple Questions

The water is just condensation from the short heating cooling cycles from starting it daily and not runing it long enough. The white smoke is most likely water vapours from the condensation also.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 05:19 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>If it's just spitting water mainly while it's warming up then it's no problem, just condensation like Ben said. Same deal with the white smoke, if it goes away once it's warmed up then it ain't no thang.[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the smoke is probably the valve guides. Soon as it warms up they will seal and be ok. It is just a chevy small block thing in my book since pretty much every one I have seen does it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 10:00 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

What color is the smoke? If it's white and doesn't smell like antifreeze then it's alright.

You do realize that for every start you make your truck has to idle 15 minutes to recharge the battery if you have a good alternator, don't you? I recommend starting it only once every four or five days unless you have a reason to be starting it.

The thicker the tire the better the tire. There's nothing wrong with running heavy tires unless you don't balance them then they tend to wear out front end parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode