Prelude To Rock Crawling In They Key Of RJ *PICS!* - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Prelude To Rock Crawling In They Key Of RJ *PICS!*

Ahhhh well. I decided to go dink around in a small pile of rocks by a two track about a two miles out of town. It went fairly well, but the mediocre brakes that I had to keep stabbing led to me accidently stabbing the gas and sliding the front end of my truck into a rather large rock denting my front fender corner in. You can't even see it, which sucks. Heh heh.

Anywho, for the last blast I drove over a real big rock and came off it too fast and didn't have my spotter/cameraman out of the truck and so I landed the rear diff on a rock leaving one tire in the air. Yeah RJ, we can go wheeling a little bit before we lock the rear! PHBBBBT! I tried to get the front to just pull me over but it dug a hole for itself. The enter the dramatics, I have noticed since I''ve owned the truck one hub was loose, but it always pulled the front so no matter, but when I was rocking it back and forward to get over the rock, KABOOM there went both hubs, now both loose. They were Milemarkers, which Mike said were crap, so I'll pick up some Warn ones from him as soon as I can afford it. I'm not upset about it, and I learned a bit too. I though for sure it was a joint or soemthing, with all the paranoia from the D60 people, but it was just a crap hub.

So I dinked around with a bottle jack trying to get a rock under the tire that was in the air but I just had a friend yank me off when he happened by. Overall it was fun and educational. Wheeeeee!

And then there would be pictures....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 04:22 PM

Re: Prelude To Rock Crawling In They Key Of RJ *PICS!*

Nice pics RJ, did you break any rocks with the 14bolt. I seem to crush many many rocks with that hunk of steel and my ultra low ground clearance!

Sucks about the hubs, and it sounds like you need to invest in a jack-all to get yourself outta such situations.

Keep the pics coming, rezzybed is sweet.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Resurrection_Joe

I have 3 high lifts, well I know one is a hi lift, the good one the others are rip offs, anyway, it was sitting handily available 7 miles away in my shop.

Thanks a lot for the comments!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 04:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

not to hijack this post...
RJ, how far are you from Cheyanne, WY? I may be going there in a while to visit my sis and. buddies at Wyotech in Laramie and hang out for a weekend. See if I can afford gas in the truck and go 4x4ing down there too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

Note to self: Hurry up and get rid of factory bed and build Rat's Nest.

Looksl ike some fun RJ. Now if only I can straighten my frame....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 09:08 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Oh jeeze, 500 miles. I was down there all summer you know! Silly! I can't make it up there till christmas sorry, though I;d love to meet you.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ya, I know how that goes. I think it is roughly 400-500 miles to the Cheyenne/ Laramie area from here. Maybe next summer or something then go wheeling and stuff there.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:52 PM

hmmm, i got a plan, we could all get a nice big convoy going when we head to MOAB next august, me RJ, MNorby, his buddys, would be crazy like 10 trucks show up down there, actually its proly been done,im really just rambling, sorry to highjack the thread
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 10:26 PM

Umm, Drey, you forgot me[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I told ya I was going...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 10:42 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Yeah we're all going, a day before the CK5ers go, so we can get practice and not look stupid! HAHAHAHA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode