CHEVY FAIRY IS ANGERING ME! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 04:37 PM
87sm465np208

CHEVY FAIRY IS ANGERING ME!

my tbi is acting good, day to day and acting like crap most of the time, it is an 87' 350 TBI in the morning it wont choke itself (fast idle) i punched the gas once to the floor before i started it after school today, and it sorta worked, what is going on here, someone help please, bye bye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:16 PM
427jimmy

Re: CHEVY FAIRY IS ANGERING ME!

Yes I too have a fussy TBI in my 90. It runs nice and powerful sometimes and other times the check engine light comes on intermittently. I think the Throttle Position Sensor on the ones we have, with the choke, is delayed or bad design or something or they could just be shot. Sometimes mine delays so much. I have a newer TBI from I think a '91 or a '92 It has a different TPS all together and no fast idle tabs like on the earlier ones. Was going to put it in but I think I'll wait until I put the other engine in. Try to track a newer one down from an autowrecker, make sure you get the plug and wire too.
Hope that helps
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:24 PM
87sm465np208

Re: CHEVY FAIRY IS ANGERING ME!

went to auto parts store, says its the IAC, wich is a 34$ part, and were gunna test it tonight, to see if it does anything, so i will keep everyone posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode