why cant i find a girl who is into trucks???????? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 02:32 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: why cant i find a girl who is into trucks????????

I'd say about half the dept is converted over now to red. Still a few lime yellow ones around. you can go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.sanantoniofire.org>www.sanantoniofire.org</a> to look at trucks and stations in sa. We just got one of the new ones,... pretty sweet. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 877536-04_inferno.jpg (87.1 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 09:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yah here in Corpus Christi, alot of girls have trucks but might as well have cars cause they never do anything with them. But the deal is, the girls always want to ride with the guys that have the badass trucks (me and my friends) and like to go mudding in them. I tend to get the most requests for a ride...I LOVE MY SUBURBAN. So basically the girls 'round here like the riding around part of trucks...
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

O/T -Why...

Why is it so hard for a modern woman to find a kind, gentle, sensitive man?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I thought there was a study that yeller trucks were easier seen by motorists?
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Mud in my Veins

hmmmm, steve are you implying that most chicks into trucks are related to the dinosaur "lickalotopus"? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 01:53 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

There was, and I do believe that the lime yellow was the most visible color according to the study. Cities that would use those colors got discounts from insurance companies. However, I believe it was later determind that the average citizen expects to see red fire trucks.... and when something yellow, with flashing lights comes up behind them, they are slower to get out of the way etc.... leading to more accidents. Maybe it was white that was the most visible... anyway, white is not supposed to work good up north because of snow condidtions etc. I really don't care what they can see better....... I like red. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I say if something BIG.... making a loud noise... with flashing lights comes up behind you... get the flock out of the way! LOL
post #17 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: O/T -Why...

Because all of them already have boyfriends! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #18 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 05:38 PM
Mud in my Veins

Heh, that's what i thought you meant [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i love the way people around here respond to abulances and fire trucks making a run, makes me laugh and wanna jump out with my favorite crowbar so that they understand what kind of di(ks they are by ignoring the emergency vechicles when they can't get to the hospital in any decent time. couple of weeks ago a fire dep. ambulance was trying to cross a four lane (2 each way) highway just after the lights turned green for cross traffic, i heard him coming a block away and just sat there, all 3 other lanes started haulin but and he sat there letting the bad arss horn rip for over 15 sec. litterly, he was so close to the treffic i thought mirrors were gonna start flying, no one would stop. send 20 cap cars behind one and they all would be writing tickets in minutes.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:05 PM
FordDiesel

I cant even tell you how many times I want to jump out of the engine and rag on folks. I have to stop myself a lot from sticking a certain finger out of the window and cursing at them.

I dont know if some folks just dont care or what, but how can you miss a 12' tall, 6' wide, 35+' long diesel truck with sirens blairning and lights flashing? I garunte if those same folks were in danger or if their kin were in danger they'd be pissed at folks who didnt get out of the way.

Maybe if they'd get off the dang cell phone and turn their radios down they would have attention left to notice things like that.

Sorry to rant like that, but this is something that realy ticks me off. I'm sure the other firefighters (and police and EMTs) here know what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode