Electrical Schematic - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Electrical Schematic

Does anyone know of a place online where I can get a free drawing of my electrical system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Electrical Schematic

Not that I know of but I have a few on my computer I can't e-mail you. Total of about 500kb.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 02:58 PM

Tell me what you need.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I need ignition, start and charging, pretty much everything from the ignition switch to fuse block through the fire wall to the coil.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Speaking of Wiring Diagrams...

For an 83 (GMC/Chev) that HAS Power Door Locks and Power Windows, the wire harness that goes to the door, comes in two bundles, both that go up to two of those PITA (to get apart) black connectors, that are roughly right behind the four smaller guages on the left of the dash. What I need to know, is if a truck that doesn't have Power Windows and Locks still has those two connectors behind the guages, just nothing connected to them? I can get complete doors that have PDL & PW in them, and the wiring harness that starts in the doors, then goes up through the door frame and up behind the dash, but I need to know if I have the other half of the harness on my truck. Anybody recently tear apart their dash and go behind the guages and see a couple of 4 & 6 wire connectors back there with nothing on 'em?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:12 PM

Ok GMCJimmy, I need the year of your jimmy before I can help you[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 06:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry, My Jimmy is a 1989 Full size with power windows and door locks.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 08:42 AM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Well while you're digging up schematics, willys, I need a diagram of the complete ABS system on a 1992 chevy 2500 (8600#gwvr version)... Including how it interfaces to the computer and a bit of an explanation of the little computer in that box if possible... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] For an interesting and hopefully very worth-while project... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:06 PM

Ok alls yous peoples. My stuff only goes down to 1990 so I got your diagrams for a 90 Jimmy, there more than likely the same, I hope so anyway. There large jpg files, around 250k so I'll post the link and just right click and save target as.

GMCJimmy
--<a target="_blank" href=http://www.industrialoffroad.com/Misc/diagrams/GMCJIMMY1.jpg>Page 1</a>
--<a target="_blank" href=http://www.industrialoffroad.com/Misc/diagrams/GMCJIMMY2.jpg>Page 2</a>
--<a target="_blank" href=http://www.industrialoffroad.com/Misc/diagrams/GMCJIMMY3.jpg>Page 3</a>

Sandy Tim
--<a target="_blank" href=http://www.industrialoffroad.com/Misc/diagrams/TIMABS.jpg>ABS System Diagram</a>

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:32 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Thank you *very* much Major Payne... That is the exact info I need in order to set my ABS up on an on/off switch type deal, of course it'll be properly tested first in a vacant parking lot and deserted back road(s) to test whether the system works like that and to find out if it'll do anything wacky. I don't forsee anything bad occurring... Although unlike gigawho, I'll thouroughly test out my work before I end up taking to the roads with it... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I definitely prefer no ABS for winter driving and some other situations... I'll keep peoples posted as to what occurs with this project and whether the computer becomes unhappy when I do my (easily reversable) modification(s)... </font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode