OUCH! Need "GOOD" lap belts! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:44 AM
SHOTGUN

OUCH! Need \"GOOD\" lap belts!

Decided to get the K20 out and toy around in the backyard/field today. Well 1st gear is to short to get started sliding around and having fun. SO....... I would get the rev's up a little slid into 2nd and ease out the clutch and give 'er hell!

Well the last time (after this happened anyways) I went slide'n around I hit a bump and came clear up off my seat and "SMASHED" my head into the roof of the cab![img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][stars}

After that a long stream of curse's followed as I drove in 1st down to the basement and put the K20 up!

NOW..... I'm about to do some web searching but I want idea's from you guys too! If I remember correctly you can buy just lap belts from some company like Jegs or Summit without having to buy the 5 point harness?????

Well I will eventually add the 5 point harness, but for now $$ premits from doing so. So I just need the lap belts to keep my @$$ in the seat where it belongs!

P.S. and before anybody says why wasn't I wearing my seat belt. The original seat belts are CRAP and don't retract to hold you in place when they should!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 01:29 AM

Re: OUCH! Need \"GOOD\" lap belts!

Hey sounds like fun, and if your on private property I say go for it. I think you can buy just the lap belts but if not call around and fab. some seat belts in from like an 88'-98' chevy from a U-pull it or junk yard.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 01:40 AM
SHOTGUN

Yeah Pit Viper it was on my own property. I was just cut'n a couple of doughnuts when BAM! Well there went the fun!

Anyhow I found what I was looking for on www.SummitRacing.com $50 for just the lap belts + S&H.

Might order a pair in a week or so. Gotta make the Dodge payment @ on 1st.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 01:52 AM

I did that at a stream crossing once, took my belt of to see if I could clear the driver side and when I hit the gas to go across didn't sse the bump and I was seeing stars. As a matter of fact I'll bet that didn't contribute to my headliner sagging.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 09:57 PM

If you don't have one, order an LMC catalouge for your truck.
http://www.lmctruck.com/
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:03 PM
SHOTGUN

I've got one KOC but my lap belt in my truck works ok after all. Went playing to day climbing a bumpy hill (this time more slowly![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]) and had the lap belt across me which holds OK, but the shoulder part doesn't really work that well. I just put it over my shoulder and didn't worry about it.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

This is gonna be just a trail truck whenever I get it lifted and tires on it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] So I'm not really wanted to spend big money on OEM replacement stuff just yet. If I did replace the belts it would be with 5 pt. harness's anyways.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

...... but I'd need an in cab cage first [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 07:34 AM

Some vehicles (like my jetta) have two seperate belts, one for lap and one for shoulder. You might find some in the 'yards...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you haven't already gone out and bought your replacemnt belts, I had a thougth. I remembered when I was having my seat recovered, I had my belts out so I could clean 'em up. If you take them out and blow them out with an air hose or something, then use some of that electrical parts cleaner (the stuff that evaporates without residue) and clean around the little catch that's supposed to stop you from hitting your head, and before you put it back on, put just a little shot of WD-40 on it. If you get medieval with the WD-40 you're gonna have it all over the belt, and then yourself. Just a thought. I know mine had some grime in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode