83 long bed 3/4 ton d60/14ff 454 and 7000r4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 07:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

83 long bed 3/4 ton d60/14ff 454 and 7000r4

I might by it the truck itself is in better shape body wise than my truck, no dent or creases to speak of in the body, runs like a champ with a thrown rod. its got air conditioning that actualy works, hmmmmmm what else, looked like a farily fresh set of warn hubs up front. bald [censored] 35 bfg ats on 16.5x9.75 chromies. looks like 4" lift with 3" bodylift. rides like a tank.

funny thing is itl smoke the tires into sec gear maybe cause there bald.

I think Im going to offer 1500 maybe 2 grand for it as either parts truck for mine or a fixer upper with better starting point than mine minus the motor.

the guy wanted 3grand but I brought it back and the motors makeing all kinds of noice and junk and I told him I think it threw a rod and hes like ohhhhh yeah it was maken some funny noices when I parked it(last year) so I told him 3 grand was pretty steep for a truck with basicaly blown motor. maybe its lifter or somethn ticking, but im sure not gona say nothn till I see what hes gona do.

sooooooo what ya think 2 grand to high to offer with a possible blown motor. the axles and tranny should be worth that.

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 09:32 AM

Re: 83 long bed 3/4 ton d60/14ff 454 and 7000r4

3/4 ton with dana 60?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 09:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

are you sure it is a Dana 60? If it is then pickit up, sounds like a good deal. Look and see if on the pass side spring perch if it has 1 u-bolt or 2 u-bolts to make sure. There are more ways too but that is probably the quickest and easiest. Big block sounds like fun too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 07:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hmmmmmmmm I dunno. the truck had no badges on the sides and therear ff so i figured the fronts a 60 didnt crawl under and look though.

I think Im gona pass, the dodge itch is bugn me again, cause ive been seen a few reg cabs 94-97 with 80-115k miles going for 10-12 grand wich is the rprice range I want ta be in. plus guy at work just bought 2001 cummins. he sux

Evan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 11:01 PM

All I have to say about Dodge is I just went on a 1400 mile road trip with a 44k mile 99 1 ton with cummins and hated every minute of it. We have 1900 bucks worth of repairs and thats not including all the waranty work on the engine related parts and other drivetrain related parts...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 11:17 PM

how did you manage to pull that one off willys?? did the dodge throw the transmission?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 11:23 PM

Nope, tranny is fine. All started with some strange grinding noise, that turned out to be the left front wheel bearings, which are basically metal on metal and destroyed. Then the u-joints started clunking around, 2 of them. Then, when I would accelerate the turbo would make all kinds of noise, a bearing is going out in it. Lets see what else, oh, the steering column moans like no other when turning. And last but certainly not least, the brake pedal has a catch in it. When you start pushing, once in like 1/8" it catches on something and you have to push rather hard to get past it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode