I want to swap all time to part time 4x4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I want to swap all time to part time 4x4

I have a '79 k-5 blazer with a 350/350, and all time 4 wheel drive, I am not a fan of this and want to switch to part time, what does that entale, I know I will need new manual locking hubs, I'm sure its gonna take more than that, any help would be appreciated,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:12 PM
87sm465np208

Re: I want to swap all time to part time 4x4

mile marker makes a kit for your application, i have never done it, nor owned a full time 4x4 vehicle, my mom has, we never swapped it, but mile marker makes a kit for you, then you will have 2hi,2low,N,4hi,4lo, at least i think that is the shift pattern, but goto www.milemarker.com, or jc whitney sells them too, they are 104.99 for the kit+ship. hope this helps [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 09:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The transfer case that you have (incase you didnt' know) would be a NP203 (if it's full time). To convert to part time, you will need to install the part-time conversion kit in the transfer case, and install locking hubs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 03:58 PM

I just did the swap on my 78 p/u. Summit Racing has the best deal that I could find on the kit. It is a MileMarker kit, it comes with premium hubs and the conversion kit for the NP203, for about 94 dollars. I did mine this past saturday morning by myself in about 3 hours..hubs and all. Its pretty simple to do, and I can a tell big difference in handling/driving..I havent had time to check mpg, and I doubt it will improve very much, but I think it was well worth the money just to keep from wearing parts that aren't being used (ie. front end parts while on the highway)..anywho..you got questions about this swap, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode