for all you with new trucks! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

for all you with new trucks!

I posted this in IFS section, but maybe some of you will be able to help also...youve helped me alot with other stuff.

I know some of you know the answers to my questions. I did search for a while but came up with nothing that was specific to my problem. I gotta 99x-cabz71..no performance upgrades at all(yet). My gas gauge freaks out everytime I fill up. It goes from nothing to full to nothing to full etc...for about 60 miles or so, then it only does it every so often until I need gas again..heres something weird..if the guage goes to empty while I'm driving, I can shift into "Neutral" and the gauge will jump back to full (or wherever it should be) so I'm lead to believe that theproblem is not with the tank itself. Okay next question, my 4x4 works fine, no problems shifting or locking . About every 300-400 miles, my "service 4-wheel drive" comes on, and doesnt go off until i shut the truck off.then it may stay off with out a problem for another week or so?? go figure..I have checked all i know to check with either of these problems and havnt come up with scratch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 12:38 AM

Re: for all you with new trucks!

from the sounds of your description, the sending unit may be loose. wiggling a bit to make or brake contact (when you put it in neutral it goes where it should be)that may be a serviceable part alone, or have to buy a whole module.$$ as for your 4by light, can't help ya there.good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode