CHEVY POWA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 07:48 PM
87sm465np208

CHEVY POWA

who else likes their chevy truck (73-87 era)i know i sure as hell do, i got an 87 with tbi [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img], it dosnt stall on steep hill climbs or from jaring around off-road like a carubrated system would, i sure do like the truck, it is just a blast to drive, that 350 tourqueing around making me smile mated to that sm-465 and that np208, i like it, now who else likes theirs, come on and share [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 08:15 PM

Re: CHEVY POWA

Oh man, I love my old 72, 292 I6, sm465, nP205, and an eaton rear and dana 44 front with 5.13's(stock!). It is one crawling Mutha F**ka. You just cant stall it, it just spins before it stalls in low-low.I cant wait till i get a built 350 in it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 08:39 PM
87sm465np208

sounds like a sweet [censored] truck, how do you like the I-6, i had an old ford with the 4.9L(300ci) engine, that thing was pretty good on gas, and did haul alittle [censored], and it was easy to get to stuff on the motor, but yea i was a ford, and 2nd gear didnt work very well, flew out and i freaked out, and it never worked right again, i had to hold it in 2nd, and one time i shoved it in Reverse thinking it was 1st because it was to the right of 1st in the gate, and the saftey was worn out, so it went it ground alittle and i almost backed into a jeep charokee in traffic, talk about embarrassing, but then i got a chevy, and things looked up, BOWTIE POWER, but yea i like the granny low sm465, and the np208 combo, an't bad, it is good anough for what i use it for, and then some, but yeaa things leak alittle bit on it all over, but then again, its a chevy, and its old and things dont like to seal like they used to, so it leaks a tiny bit, but then again, its still an old chev, and they are allowed to do that, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 04:04 PM

I love it, It has so much torque, and runs so smoothly, not to mention It'll burn both back tires in second and half of third [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode