heres the plan, well kinda anyways, (350 ideas) - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: heres the plan, well kinda anyways, (350 idea

yes Ive thought about a 383 but the fuel mileage issue kinda bothers me. its quite abit less compared to 350.

no I dont want the truck to be down more then a day, so building off my the block k wont be an option. hmmmmmm Im sorry if I dont get to everyones ideas Im on lunch break and Im short on time.

whats wrong with aluminum heads, I know the new izuzu in the chevy seems to have problems but I think thats a bunch of bs and can be worked out if someone just uses there head. also ahhhh I was just thinking something but forgot, ohhhhhhhh Im definatly sticking with the tbi or maybe the multi point set up. so Ill be farily limited to what intake and heads I can run with.

Ill check the websights that have been posted. and ohhhhh I remeberd the engine kit I was looking at was from PAW and the the compression depending on heads and gasket thickness would be at 9 wich is alittle higher than stock. I guess I cant say that since I dont know what heads and gasket Ill be running.

Im als going to be running roller rockers and all that junk. and may stay with the stock grind cam. I dunno for sure but sometime soon Ill have at least a short block sitting at my place awaiting parts that you all help me decide on or buy off a whim in a moment of weeknes

thankx everyone for your ideas so far
Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 10:17 AM
ratlover

Re: heres the plan, well kinda anyways, (350 ideas)

http://tellico.off-road.com/ubbthrea...=0&fpart=1 Take a look......Its not that Aluminum heads dont make power, or that they are more failure prone.....take a look and if you have anymore questions then feel free to ask. Aluminum aint worth the expense in a 4x4 IMO and it will not make more power than iron all else being equal.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 04:20 PM

Re: heres the plan, well kinda anyways, (350 ideas)

A mild 383 (such as the HT) isn't going to lower your MPG much at all. The only way you are going to get that kind of torque is from Cubic Inches. $5000 is wayyy too much for what you want to build. For less money the 350HO looks like a good motor (which was pointed out before).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: heres the plan, well kinda anyways, (350 idea

yeah I know cummins power eh why I even try I dont know but Im need to do some more learn n on this before I do anything cause I know this thing can be tourge probably more so then the crate motors that and 383s that are grasseing the net and magazines, hell maybe I just bore mine 60 over and call it good. but that aint what I wanna do, that might be a few horses but way over bore, power is made else where.

though I am pondering going with the ho 383 or whatever motor looks the best to me I havent realy delved in yet. and swapping over to a carb. 2 barrel that flows enough why be crusin down the highway with secondareis pumpn fuel to.

heck i still think I should just get the short block kit and callk it good cause I know that thing has got to make alittle more power than mine thats been running since 89 and never been rebuilt.

thankx
Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode