god damn NP 208 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 12:40 PM
87sm465np208

god damn NP 208

my truck has a SM465\Np208 combo and the 208 leaks a small puddle once in a while off the slip yoke when i park it, and yea its red, and yea it gets me mad, but then i goto check the fluid in the t-case fluid comes out of the check hole, and then i goto check the fluid in my SM465 and its full, so i dont get it, maybe its just over filled, or its just a little t-case fiary in my t-case just doing this to make me mad, but i get over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 01:00 PM

Re: god damn NP 208

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>My vote is for the t-case fairy.

Does it only leak when you park the truck with the front end higher than the rear? that would make the fluid level higher in the rear and also make the fluid drain out of the fill hole when you pull the plug. You aren't running ATF in the 465 are you?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:10 PM
87sm465np208

no, i dont run atf in the t-case, lol, yea, i run 80w-90 in my 465, i love that tranny. must be strange coming from a 17 year old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard 2 theories on t-case lubes. Most say to run ATF in teh t-case any others say to run like a 30wt synthetic being as it itn't as abrasive as ATF. I have run both in my NP208 and 241. Don't run 90wt in a t-cace since it is too thick for the small gear sets
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:51 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I vote for the fairy. Mine leaks. Mine leaks a lot. OK, my driveway is going to become one big ATF slick. I filled it on level ground and where I park the front of the truck is pointing downhill. If I stick my finger straight in it will get red. I filled it four months ago and I bet there's a quart worth of ATF on my driveway. I don't know where it's coming from.

Oh, and mine leaks between the case halves. Right behind where the support that goes to the motor mount on the passenger's side is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode