Project - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 08:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Project

I'm a new to this board so please bear with me. I've got a 87 silverado,350sb,700r,3.73 ratio, pretty much the basics. I've just purchased a 4" lift from superlift. I also bought shackle extentions to raise the front of the truck so it would be level. I plan on putting 33x12.50's super swampers on 15x10 wheels of some sort. I plan on making a machine out of this truck sooner or later. A 400sb, 400turbo, some kind of gear. I would have gone up with the truck more, but I didn't have the money at the time to make the extra modifacations that go with it. I geuss my question is this am I going in the right direction and Is there anything else I can do and need to do for cheap while Im lifting it. If I can give help on this board I'll be glad to. Any I can get will be much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Project

be sure when you get your lift you also get a raised steering arm and brake lines. Shouldn't have any problems with drive lineson a 4" lift but I did a t-case drop to cure vibrationson my 4"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I did get a new steering arm but was told I whould not have to extend brake lines. Also, is there a kit you can buy for dropping the transfer case. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 10:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am sure and for safty reasons get long brake lines. I got $11 extenders fro carquest. Also to drop the t-case there are 4 bolts on the crossmember. Put a jack under it then take those 4 bolts off. on the bolt on top the frame there are 1" spaces. Put those spacers between the frame and the crossmemebrs then bolt it up again. Very easy and cheap (free [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 12:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Thanks alot. Nice truck
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No prob, thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Hereis the pic of my brake line extenders from C-quest:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 864802-LongBrakeLines.jpg (61.7 KB, 7 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Doesn't dropping your transfer case sort of defeat the whole purpose of a lift? I mean, you lift it 4-6" and then drop the transfer case 2-3". I suppose it isn't bad if you have something other than a NP208 (which resembles an anchor).
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 04:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dropping the t-case with improve the driveline angles and help with any vibrations
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 04:06 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, but it'll tilt the motor and transmission downhill as well.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ya, it will point them down and actually move the fan up since it pivits on the motor mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode