I miss my K5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 02:48 PM
FordDiesel

I miss my K5

I had a '85 Blazer about 4 years ago that I had to sell. It was red with a 6" lift, 35" BFG muds on 15x10 black steel wheels, Smittybuilt black nerf bars, Warn premium hubs, a brand new 350 crate motor with Edelbrock cam, intake, 4 brl 600cfm carb, Hooker headers, true dual exhaust with 2 chamber Flowmasters and ecco tips, power windows and locks, 700R4 tranny, roll cage, and home made front winch bumper with a Warn 9K and a home made rear bumper.

Like I said, I was forced to sell it and I miss it a lot. I realy love the truck I have now but I miss my K5 for offroading, lets face it, a 23' long diesel truck doesnt make for the best off road buggy!

Anyway, I sorta just found this site and reading about yalls rigs makes me miss mine all the more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 03:09 PM

Re: I miss my K5

Hey I have a crewcab longbed and I wheel it[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. The doors don't really align to the body anymore but it's still fun[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 05:10 PM
Mud in my Veins

If you wanna make yourself feel REAL bad, go over to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.ColoradoK5.com>www.ColoradoK5.com</a>.

I had an 86 Chevy K5 with a worn out 305 with a 4 barrel, TH700R4, NP208, leaky 10 bolts, and lotsa rust. I hated it at the time, but now I want another K5. Next one isn't coming from the rust belt, that's for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 05:58 PM
FordDiesel

Yea, when I had my Blazer I practicly lived at ColoradoK5.com. I still go there now and again to poke around. There are K5s and K10s out the wazoo down here. One of these days I'll get another and fix it up better than the last one.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 11:21 PM
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, K5 or not, I've pretty much sworn off buying cars from up here. My Ram is going to come from somewhere down south.

I got a membership to CK5 about a week before I decided to hold off on getting my K5.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Oh well.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 11:26 PM
FordDiesel

Well if youd like, shoot me an email when ever your ready to start looking again. I could keep an eye out or send you a Car Trader magazine from here (covers Texas and New Mexico). Might be a little farther than youd be willing to drive for a truck but who know, you might just find that dream K5![img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Mud in my Veins

Well, keep an eye out on here as well. I'll be looking around and talking about it a lot when I finally get to do it. More than likely be a few years though. Money won't be anything but tight for a while.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 12:07 AM
FordDiesel

I hear ya on the $ thing. I'm working on buying a house and trying to support my habit (my truck![img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]), I tell ya, it's hard to do[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 863611-catplate.jpg (56.6 KB, 7 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 04:32 PM
Mud in my Veins

Nice F350. I always liked those F350's. Never was to hot about Ford's fuel injection on their gassers though. WAY to complicated and totally un-waterproofed. My Ram (when I get it) will probably end up somewhat like that for a while, 3-4" of lift and 35's. Later on a 6" lift and some of these 36" Michelin military tires I keep hearing about.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Flight training isn't cheap and neither is a CTD Ram, yet I want to do both at almost the same time............[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..........
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 04:54 PM

Yeah, those tires are awesome:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode