info on fixing up a fixer upper 77 jimmy does it s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 08:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

info on fixing up a fixer upper 77 jimmy does it s

I got out and took a look at the 77 jimmy i found in the paper they want 600 but may drop, the body is relativelly good, corners and edges have rust spots. the edge of teh door under the kick strip is rust through in a few small spaces,under the tail gate is rusted through in spots and every panel has rust under neaith. the frame looks solid. it has the 12 bolt out back and a auto with full time. the 350 looks dirty and there some oil down teh front , it hasn't run in 6-8 months. the oil is dirty but not dark , but smells like gas, the tranny fluid is dark brown and smell burned but no particles or froth. don't see any major puddles. she wouldn't let me start it because she was worried about the old oil made sense to me too. it needs new exhaust from the breadloaf header back, it has fresh tread on the tires but they have sat for a year still holding air well though and they are bfg mt's. the back window will not drop they proped it up with blocks she said the wiinder rusted out, buthte handle is still intact on theout side. the hindges looked good still but couldn't open the back up. it has huge diamond grid metal runningboards, and the smoker windows are all rusted shut.
the engine has 115000 miles on it. she also told me that the last time she drove it it seemed like there were no brakes. I checked the fluid and one resevoir was empty . i didn't see and leaks but its been sitting for so long. also it would need a new battery the one in it is dead and has sat for a long while that way. she said she shelved it a year ago but drove it every couple of weeks and put a couple miles on till about 6 months ago . it was a farmer vehicle and propable saw grocery getter miles but hard core ones. it was the farmers wifes truck.
i have about 1100 dollars that i can spend on the whole thing cost of vehicle and getting it inspected and running to PA standards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 10:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: info on fixing up a fixer upper 77 jimmy does it s

from what i have been told, it matters in what part of PA you are. we bought our K-5 blazer in carisle PA, the rocker panels under the doors were rusted, not all the way but had some rust and the tailgate had holes in it the rust was that bad..... well not that bad for blazers, and the front end was totally shot, ohh yeah we had no cats either. and the guy that had it before us said it passed PA inspection 3 months ago. it did not come close to passing NJ inspection, and the NJ DMV said that PA has 2 different sets of reg.s. as for making it street worthy i can't really help you out, sorry. if u need any help ask me or go to coloradok5.com they know a lot about the blazers and such like yours and mine. best of luck i am going to take my top off agian this weekend:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode