looking into buying a 77 jimmy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 08:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

looking into buying a 77 jimmy

since i'm looking at buying one I thought you may be able to help me with some questions.
1 I've been looking for sites about this model of blazer and haven't found much is there some good one's other than here.
2 does the 77 350 engine require emissions equiptment that i should make sure is on this before i buy I'm in PA but i also live in one of the most stringent county's.
3 any thing in perticular i should check before i buy this truck.
4any other advice you can give me!
5 so far all the info i have gotten is that it is a 77 jimmy with a 350 and auto tranny, its 4wd but didn't find what tansfercase. and it has been sitting for 6 months,other than that i haven't got anything else.
forgot he lookingt for $600 but sound like he will bart he said it needs a little restoring and a muffler.

also looking at some 86 c10 is it easy or even possible to convert these to a 4wd system or is it not worth wasting the time and money on in the first place. one is a v8 and auto other is a v6 and manual.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Blazer1970

Re: looking into buying a 77 jimmy

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com>http://www.coloradok5.com</a>

Yes there is emissions stuff on the '77 that you will need if your county is looking for original stuff to be there.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the link, I read on ck5 that there is a cat on this model but what other emissions systems are there. are there air pumps, egr, what else should i be looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 01:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What part of the country are you in? Here in Arizona I have a 1978 GMC Jimmy that has no emmissions equipment(ie cats, air pumps, charcoal cannisters). This is the way it was from the factory as I have passed emmissions the last 4 years. Here the first year for emmissions equipment was 1979.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode