Minnesota/Wisconsin Trailride - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Minnesota/Wisconsin Trailride

OK folks, on August 24th, 2002 (Friday and Saturday) a friend and myself are holding a trailride in Cushing, Wisconsin (12 miles from St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin and Taylors Falls, Minnesota). It is about 60 miles northeast of the Twin Cities. There is a lot of land out there that I have access to that we go trailriding on. We are planning on going out on Friday afternoon and evening, and then again on Saturday morning and afternoon. Camping is available for no cost. We have a number of vehicles coming out (Jeeps, Samurais, Trackers, Fords, and more). My friend (Rick) and I are forming a new off-road club called North Country 4x4. We are looking for members, and this is going to be our first official trailride. Please let me know if you think you might want to take the trip up here. Everyone is welcome! Hope you can make it! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 02:29 PM
bigwishlist

Re: Minnesota/Wisconsin Trailride

Yes Im interested! But Ill have to see if I can get my friends together. But Ill for sure keep in touch with you on it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

421.6 miles according to the yahoo map, if i move at 105mph all the way there i can get there in 4 hours, errr... not likely DOPE!!
when you move a little closer to chicago let me know, by the way eather one of you going to the "march of dimes" thing in antigo WI? not sure when but its in august too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Awesome! Round up as many people as you can. The more trucks the better! I see you are on the other side of the state, so to make your trip worth while, we can do a run on Friday or Sunday too. Or both for that matter! All depends when you want to get here.

Here is some information on it that I typed up on a different board. Hope this helps. Right now my e-mail is down, so contact me via AOL Messenger at Truckboy101 or send me a PM on here.

Well, August 24th, 2002 is when it will be held. It is on some private property a friend of mine owns, and has given us permission to use it. It is about 15 miles north of St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin in a small town named Cushing. We are meeting at the Embers in St. Croix Falls at 8:30am, then heading out. Right now while we (Rick and myself) still devolope this 4x4 club, almost any vehicle is legal as long as it is safe. Your rig will have to be inspected by us so we know it is safe so that you or someone else doesn't get injured. This club is still just starting out, so things might be kind of rough as far as organizaion goes. I am still in the process of making a website for it.

Oh, another thing. This land is very mild. Just rough enough to have fun. There are some hills that are made out of sand that may be a little hard to get up for some people, but I think just about everyone will be able to make it up. If there is enough rain or water then it may be a little more difficult and easier to get stuck in. Biiiiiiig puddles. But these are just the trails for novice trailriders. Very easy, but does take some navigation through the woods. And we are also going to be breaking into groups. Rick and myself will be the group leaders. So no one gets lost, and so that if someone gets stuck we can get them out. Also if you have a CB, BRING IT! And if you have some extra ones, bring those too for people to borrow for the event that might not have them. Also bring a tow strap if you have one. Some of us will, so yeah, it's alright if you don't have one. Hope ya'll will be able to make it!

As for Antigo, if it is in August, then I won't be able to make it. But there are more places where we will be having trailrides, so I'll keep you posted as we organize more in hopefully a place closer to you! Thanks for your interest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode