Welded 14FF - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welded 14FF

I welded teh spiders in my new 14FF carrier with the 4.56 gears. Not gonna install it till I get ym front end together. Can't wait. It took a whopping 20 min to pull spiders, weld, let air cool , then use gloves to assembled the welded gears. Very very easy! Can't wait to get a chance to run them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 01:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Welded 14FF

Great!! Let us know how it works out. I'll probably be doing mine before the snow falls. When I get ready to do it, I'll be sure to ask for more details.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 02:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Welded 14FF

ya, I will. It was soo easy. I wish I had my camera but I just did teh steps as explained on coloradok5.com and it worked perfect. I need to pay off $400 for my nex front end and probably another $500 for new bearing, etc for it too before I install it. Hopefull by october at the latest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode