Maybe Dana 60!!!!! ...Yep! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 10:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe Dana 60!!!!! ...Yep!

Well, just for kicks and giggles I called a salvage yard that 1 month ago would just flat out NO when asked about 1-ton GM dana 60 fronts. Well today I asked for a GM dana 60 w/ no big prefernce on gears but 4.56 would be nice or 4.10s. Dually or single. He has a dinge wheel 60 front that is missing a hub for $400! I'm gonna check it out tonight and find out what gears, etc. I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Maybe Dana 60!!!!!

Got it! On my lunch drove to the yard and got it for $400. Needs bearing and brake and stuff big time but that is to be expected. Has 4.56 gears. Sounds like I can trade my R&P for the one oin the truck too so I have matching 4.56s. I'm happy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 01:25 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Sweet deal! So is it missing a hub or just brake parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 01:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

he had a dually he converted and needed one single wheel hub so he stole it. He does have a dually hub if nothing else but he is gonna look for a singe hub for me in the mean time. I think the pinions bears may be out too and the u-joints are toast for sure. Had a broke spice hub on the side that did have a hub and wheel. The spingle is a little rusty on the side w/o but hopefully is cleaneable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode