bellhousings and 350s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 04:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bellhousings and 350s

i have a problem, as usual
i have a nv4500 out of a '94 pu, and an LS1 out of 98 camaro, the bell housing is't exactly the same, 2 or 3 holes won't line up.
the trans was behind a 350 i was told, and i thought that all 350s where the same when it came to bellhousing.
anyone know where im mastaken and what can i do about it (short of calling advanced adapters)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 04:49 PM

Re: bellhousings and 350s

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Yeah, that combo sucks. I'll tell ya what, I'll come over and swap you for the crate motor in my truck, straight across. I know, I'm almost too generous, but that's just the kind of guy I am.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I've heard scuttlebutt that LS1s use a different bellhousing pattern, but I can't tell you for sure.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ummmm... no i want my ls1, i spent 3 days pulling it, i want it [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

i counted it, 2 bolt holes don't line up, six of them do,
if i use the remainder of the bolts, it still should hold up fine, shouldn't it? i would gess that would be a safe bet. ill attempt to put them together saturday, ill se how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 12:04 AM

i say use the existing hoiles and drill and tap the other two...everything works out tgreat and its a free fix...just costs time
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 06:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i kinda slapped it together today, there are two holes at the bottom of the motor or oil pan really (alum) but i don't count those, can't be much holding power there,one at bottom by starter hits air on motor, so i can't do anything about it, the two at the top, one at 12 o'clock i will have to drill out a hole in the bell housing, piece of cake, the other 1 o'clock would need to be drilled into the motor and tapped, im kinda weary that i might hit something (cooling, cylinder!!!) but the ls1 uses just the 12 o'clock one, so if i get the one at 12 o clock that should be enough, then all i have missing is the one that hits air. i would say thats a plan...
called advanced adapters, they don't have anything for it yeat... but thats ok, if i start up the truck and dissapear for a month thats gonna mean the tranny ripped off and came at me through the floor... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] crud. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode