Dynomax Headers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 04:03 PM
logan_ut

Dynomax Headers

Anybody have advice on the painted Dynomax Headers. I have a crack in my exhaust manifold and I want to put on some headers. I saw the Dynomax's for $95 from Summit, which fits my budget. Are they comparable to Hookers or Headmans? Or are they the same quality as Flowtechs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 04:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dynomax Headers

a buddy has dynomax heads on his 383. I thik he paid $150 or so but not sure. One cracked and they wraantied that one plus gave him a free set to boot. Seem to be ok now.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 04:50 PM
ratlover

I have dynomaxes on my 83 SBC....they are coated. I went with coated because they have a lifetime garantee. Fit great. Just remember that you will need to reroute your exhaust pipes to mate to the headers. This will add to the price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Neither Flowtech or Dynomax headers "blow my skirt up none". There are guys around here that run them but they don't look as good. The Flowtech ones sound "pingy" like they were made out of 22 gauge steel or something crazy like that. The Dynomax ones are definitely more impressive than the Flowtech ones.

However, at $143, I like my Hooker ones. Not a single complaint about them.

My Dad got Hedman Hedders for my Mom's 86 Monte Carlo SS. They're pieces of [censored]. Very poor workmanship. In the instructions it says to only use Hedman manifold gaskets. The fscking idiots package the POS gaskets by folding them in thirds to take up less room. We be talkin' rocket scientists, mon.

I think Hooker and Thorley headers are the only way to go anymore. Even Gibson ones aren't up to par, especially for their price.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 09:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love my Hookers too! Both of them. They treat me well.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Kendog454

How hard is it to swap in headers?? (I.E. driveway swap)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 05:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

took me about an hour. Pulled of manifestld and spark plugs. took out old ehxaust and put headers in. Drive around 2 days with open headers and got new 2.5" duals put on. It's pretty easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode