35's NO LIFT on K-5??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:11 PM
BiGwHiTeJiMmY

35\'s NO LIFT on K-5???

ok my friend has a co-worker who claims to have 35in.
pro-comp xterrains on a K-5 blazer with no lift, no fender hacking, nothing.... all stock!!!!!!. i have an 87 K-5 and when i put my PJ's next to the fender there was no way they would fit without lift. now before i go shootin my mouth off i want to know if this is physically possible. i am going to get to look at this so called non-lifted K-5 in the next few days so if its possible to do this then someone tell me before i look like an [censored]!!!![img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]thanx
BIG JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:22 PM

Re: 35\'s NO LIFT on K-5???

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Not a freakin' chance, if his suspension actually moves at all. Even with 33s and lots of backspacing you need to do some trimming, 35s would be impossible to fit without lots of trimming.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:33 PM
BiGwHiTeJiMmY

thank you... now i can go pop off to this clown. i bet my friend i can find what is not stock on the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wow 35 foot tires that freakn big,

I havent clue
but if the fenders arent trimmed Id imagine theres a lift or some adaleafs hiding under there

Evan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 08:53 AM

Yeah there is no way... I'm running 35" mud kings on 15x10s on my 78 K5 with no lift... and I had to do some serious trimming to fit those... the only reason I even did it is I needed new tires. I didn't have the money for both tires and lift at the same time and I didn't want to wait until the new tires wore out to lift and put bigger tires on (so it wouldn't look funny) so now I have big a$$ tires waiting on a lift but at least the trimming is out of the way! Long story short, there is no way I could go off-road right now...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 12:50 AM
Mud in my Veins

Check his front springs, stock should be slightly sagging downward, like a frown, or maybe flat.

I've seen it done, but then, I live in Michigan and 20 some odd years of road salt had eaten about a foot out of the fenders. He didn't have floor boards either, he had plywood. Lots of it. God, I hate it here.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode