Stereo Pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stereo Pics

Hey ya go Drey and anyone who is interested....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 843770-kenwood.jpg (84.0 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stereo Pics

another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 843783-speakers.jpg (63.2 KB, 7 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

for good measure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 843790-interior.jpg (60.4 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you have to scoot your seat forward at all to get those subs to fit?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The deck is a Kenwood excellon 817, the face points up too which is nice for were GM mounted the stereo in theese trucks. I have a 2oo watt amp running the pioneed 6x9s and a 300 watt amp running the kicker 10s.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:07 PM

sweet, where did you get your 6x9 boxes?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think I had to move the seat forward 1 notch click thing to fit them. They fit really well considering.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I traded my old car 6x9 boxed to a frined for those truck boxes. I'm gonna take them out though. You can cut the whole bigger or make a new plate where the 4x10s normally go and put 6x9s in there. I already have the plate cut just gotta mount and wire them in. I have seen those boxes at most car audio shos and best buy kind of stores though. My car boxes were $15 each at walmart when I first got them but they don't fit behind the seat worth crap
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't done anything with the front yet but the rears I replaced with Infinity Kappa 6x9. I bought that adapter plate for them and it worked fairly well. They have a crossover with them that I haven't mounted yet...waiting for major sound upgrades 'for I do that. The head unit is a Rockford Fosgate CD changer controller. I'm pretty happy with that. My stero pics look like yours except I had to use a hacksaw (don't ask) to cut the metal in the dash and I scratched my blue paint [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Oh, well, I'll have to break out the touch up. My future sound plans are MB Quart 6 1/4 componets. The woofer will go in the door (w/ cutout) and the tweets will go in the dash where the 3 1/2's are right now. The reason I ask about the seat is because I will probably put only two 10's in a ported box because I would like the full range of seat. You can acutually use the rear cab panel as the back to the sub box. You have to use a fiberglass type coating but I hear it works well. I might give that a try. Heard anything about it?

(OK, I'll shut up now!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I read a post from Willy's on the IFS board about using the back of the cab as the back of the box. Might work but there is litte indentions that might hinder too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode