dogging - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 11:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dogging

as you all know i am in guam now and my truck is back home, but my question is when i went home on leave the truck was not up to par in the mud, when i did get stuck i would engage the 4wheel drive and the truck would just grunt and tach to like 2000-2500 rpm's.. and it wouldnt spin the tires in 4 wheel drive, also it wouldnt do a brake stand like it would before i left in january, goin down the road it seemed alright it got up and went not quit like it used to but it would do alright, the tranny would down shift like it used to and everything. just seemed like it didnt have as much power anymore was wondering what would cause this??? would the fact that it sat for 5 months realy do this much damage???? even tho some one would start it and let it warm up every other week or so that i wasnt there????? any ideas would be appreciated on what would be causeing this??? and aslo has anyone ever bought a motor from jim pace automotive????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 05:42 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: dogging

[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] While you were away, your dope-addicted younger brother sold the engine to another mud truck guy and substituted a 305 Shev-Lay V8 out of a junk yard.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] The next time you are gone, he will be taking out the front differential gears,[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] selling those, and then just connecting the driveline to the front axle by welding the yoke to the front of the pumpkin. THE NEXT time you leave, he'll sell the transfer case and just install an near-empty housing in it's place with only the top shaft in it to hold the rear driveline.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] The prospects for the future look very bad indeed.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

anyone else have any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 12:17 AM
Can't Get Enough

Burn out that tank of fuel and refill it with premium. I know it was a short time but the gas could have gone bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode