worth of my bumber? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 02:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

worth of my bumber?

I'm thinking of selling my chrome front bumper and grill guard to buy a winch bumper. Does anyone have an idea of what that would be worth? It has a few small scrathes on the drivers side corner but otherwise pretty good shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 03:13 PM

Re: worth of my bumber?

well, i got rid of the rear chromer for my truck, and it was kinda dinged and scratched...sold it for $75. i got tired of seeing it in the store room [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

i'd say, for both, maybe $75-$125ish....??? am i way ooff on that?? lol [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] anyway, that's what i'd think.

one thing you might need to consider when pricing, is the cost of shipping if you're selling to an out-of-towner. the grand total on that bumper that i sold came out close to $120...shipping that sucker was about $43....heavy thing...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 03:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was guessing maybe $150 for the bumper and grill guard. I mentioned it to a guy locally and he sounded interested. If anyone wants to trade me for a winch bumper I'll probably be up for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 03:56 PM

What kind of bumper are you planning on going with? I want to do a winch bumper on the white truck and still can't figure out what I like and what will hold up.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 04:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure yet. A buddy bought a brand new Ward chrome winch bumber. He spent like $900 on it. I don't plan on doing that unless I can find a used one. Black is ok too. I may just build my own too. If anyone has any used one for sale or anything let me know...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 04:42 PM

Yeah, I have been looking at all the ones out there and they all seem to big and bulky and stick out too far. I was looking at the TJM but it won't fit the winch I want and I don't like the light guards. I may make my own too...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I've got two front bumpers (chrome, tall type) one for one type of supports and one for the other type. Nobody would buy them for $35/each. I'll keep them now though since lately it seems I have a habit of monkeying up front bumpers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode