FS: tires and other junk (kind of long) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

FS: tires and other junk (kind of long)

OK, I painted my truck a couple days ago and I've been gutting my donor truck. Not all the junk is fitting in my barn so some of it has got to go. If you think my asking price is too high make me an offer.

Everything is in Mid-Michigan (Owosso).

1. Uniroyal Laredo LTL 245x75r16 tires on 8 lug stock wheels. Load range C. 9/32" on the thinnest tire. $150.
2. 81-87 hood with mat. I wasn't impressed with the paint job so I painted my other hood. Freshly painted GM Dark Blue No. 29. It'd look a lot better with some wetsanding and twenty minutes behind a buffer. $60.
3. Aluminum wheels for S10 or Camaro or just about any GM 5 bolt (I believe the pattern is 5x4.75"). 15x7. ~4" backspacing, I can't remember. Looks good on 2wd S10, a bit wide on a 4x4. The plastic center caps are ugly but the wheels look good. Satin finish, not mirrored and no clearcoat. $150.

If you're interested and want pictures I'll take some. Also, maybe some kind of trade for a 18 or 20 (not 16) gallon gas tank? It's going to be use for a passenger side tank but since they're both the same and I can't see a difference between them over the years (there's a 1A and a 1B) any will do.

Anyway, the parts truck is a 1977 C20. If anyone wants any other parts off it let me know. I yanked a lot of stuff off it that I didn't want to give to the junk man that hauls away our stuff. Depending on what it is, it's yours for free. If not, cheap--make me an offer. I'm not giving up the gold trim though.

Stuff that I don't want:
Seat (locking folding bench). Doorskins (plastic wood parts and has pockets). The frame is less rusty than the one under my 84. In fact, I'd keep it and convert it but it looks too much like work to swap it over. The cab is tired but we've got the title. The doors are saveable for the ambitious (but why bother when you can get them for $110 brand spanking new). The same for the front fenders (I think they're still around here...). The hood was good but it got cut up and left already. Tailgate is junk. The box is already cut up but there might be some usable parts.

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember.

Depending on how things go the frame might get the torch treatment tomorrow afternoon but probably not until Saturday afternoon unless we hear from someone that they want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 10:52 PM

Re: FS: tires and other junk (kind of long)

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>What kind of condition are the door panels in? I could use some new ones, but I need full manual ones. Are they worth swapping? Can you take a picture of them? I also need the cover that goes below the steering column, both the metal part and the plastic part that goes over it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm pretty sure 78 and up had different door panels.. but I'll look tomorrow. If I remember correctly they're pretty faded. They're light blue, kind of like internet explorer blue. The dash (it had no cracks) and other interior trim looked alright up until four months ago when I got it and it's sat in the sun ever since.

I know I have the metal part that went under the dash because I got mad at it. I'll look for it tomorrow. It should still be in the on the floor. I think it had a hole drilled in it for an electric brake switch. I don't know about the plastic part. I'll hunt for it tomorrow too.

I'll take pictures tomorrow if you're still interested. I'd really rather not ship anything though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 11:19 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Well I don't think I'm going to be driving over to pick the stuff up, so never mind.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Thanks anyways!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 03:33 AM

I could use some driveshafts if you have them, also all four rear spring hangars and shackles, I live near Rockford, MI I need them free if not REALLY cheap. Let me know, I may be going to Croatia today at noon (have plane ticket, Passport is still in mail.. ahh) but if so for two weeks. I may also get another flight wednesday, so maybe I could get the parts before then at sometime? let me know.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

driveshaft left a while ago. it was trashed and it was two-piece on top of it being junk.

the mounts, shackles, springs, and 14FF axle are all attached right now. make me an offer on all or part. the current plan is to stick them under my truck but...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

updated

Still have the tires/wheels, hood, and the S10 wheels. I took some pictures of those since I've had a half a dozen people ask about them. I took them tonight and the lighting was horrible.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.wrath.com/forsale/images/>http://www.wrath.com/forsale/images/</a>

Also, I took pictures of a grill and fascia from sometime during the 88-98 generation. It's single headlight. I think it came off the W/Ts. It's one of those ABS plastic things that weigh more than a stainless steel grill. It's in excellent shape. $20 OBO (I don't know how much my Dad payed for it).

Two people have asked about axle(s). It's 2wd. You can have the front "axle" if you want it. The rear is a 14FF with 3.73 gears and a Gov-Loc. Make me an offer on the rear if you want.

The rest of the 1977 3/4 ton is gone/torched except for the cab and junk doors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode