anyone from guam??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 11:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

anyone from guam???

well im off leave and im stationed in guam, while i was home i blew a u-joint and broke the tail end of my frame by the rear bumper on both sides so the truck is sitting a while. i was wondering if anyone on this forum is from guam?? im looking to buying a truck ouit here and there are alot of lifted trucks out here there doenst sem to be a lift law or noise law.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 11:23 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: anyone from guam???

There was a guy on the forum like 2 years ago with a Chevy K1500 IFS truck. Haven't heard from him in forever. Might want to try over on <a target="_blank" href=http://www.ColoradoK5.com>www.ColoradoK5.com</a> , strikes me that there was someone in Guam on there as well.

When did you join the military? Air Force? Have I been gone that long?[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 08:37 AM

Hafa Adai... I just moved back to Iowa from Guam. I lived there for about 10 years. Although on the books there may be lift and noise laws, the Local Gov't doesn't care. The military cops might however. Toyota is the truck of choice out there. You could get a CUCV pretty cheap there though, and if you know the right people, 1-ton gear is dirt cheap. New V8 parts are hard to find and expensive, and tires are outrageous. Go to the Tire Depot and buy some Coopers. They have the SST's, and the best prices on island, other than the Bases. They also carry swampers. There is some pretty good wheeling in the Southern hills, I wouldn't head out alone though. Some of the land is closed, some of the mudholes are spiked by the farmers, and some of the pits will swallow a truck on 38's. I could probably give you some phone numbers or e-mail addresses of friends of mine if you would like them. How do you like all of the Toys on 44's? If you head up to the motocross track they have mudbog competitions. Hope you like it out there. It's not a bad place once you get used to it. If you have any Q's let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:45 AM

My old science teacher would leave during the school year every year to go play baseball in Guam..he'd be gone for a long time..that was the coolest teacher I've ever had. his name was Mr. Haun
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i joined the navy in january, went to boot then "a" school, i am out here as a seabee for 2 years and so far its not that bad. there are a lot of clubs to attened which i have been doin on the weekends. and yes toyota is the truck of chose and there is alot of them rollin on 44's,the mud out here is red and seems to be pretty sticky from what ive seen, i have to get back to work but i hope to get a trcuk and do some whellin out here in guam if i do ill take a camera along and see if i can get some pics,
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Mud in my Veins

A Seabee? Sweet! I have to say man, and no one in the Navy or from the Navy take this personally, but I met a lot of sailors that just didn't cut it (I was a Marine), but I never met a Seabee that wasn't cool.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Of course, I never saw a fat Seabee either. Well, a couple of chiefs once.........

Congrats on serving our country man. It'll affect you for the rest of your life, and almost certainly in a positive way.

Now go build a runway or something......[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]........
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 10:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was station there back in '89 at the GUAM Naval Base when I was 19. Man, I had some good times, I consume alot of booze over there &amp; got into alot of fights. Is Uncle Bob's Bar still there? Anyway's I still remember all the lifted toys out there. Take care......Laters, Dave.............
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Got a brother in law in Guam............good to see you are still thinking about wheelin'.

Toy's with 44's, that rocks.......

Chris
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes uncle bobs is still there, and yes im still interested in wheelin, lots of lifted$lowered toys on this island, also nissans seem to be a big hit here to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode