Pull Truck Update- The body is on. Check it out! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Pull Truck Update- The body is on. Check it out!

Well, every single time I talk to Jason he keeps bugging me about posting pics of my Pull Truck that I am building. So for the past little while I have been taking pics of each small project I am doing and then posting the pics. Anyway, I just got the pictures back of when I had the body test fit on the frame and I thought I would post them. In the pics you can see how I totaly gutted the cab/box and front fenders and how I made a sub frame that fastens them to the frame. The reason for the sub frame is because the whole body tilts (which I forgot to take pics of). Anyway here are the pics I have so far.

That is it for now. Right now I am working on getting all the body work done. Everything has been sand blasted and I am laying the primmer down right now and will be doing base coat/top coat in two weeks. As for when I am going to get this thing done....I was planning to have it done for this season but I think its best not for me to rush and do it right so I am going to have it done well before the start of next years season (the last weekend in May) and I am going to take it out to all the pulls (32 in total) which is alot more than anyone else pulls in a year so I should have a good run at the points.

Anyway....thanks everyone for looking at the pics and feel free to ask questions!!!

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 08:55 PM

Re: Pull Truck Update- The body is on. Check it out!

Oooo, spiffy. Does the cab and bed tilt up or just the cab/front clip? And thats a heck of a hitch[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

The whole body tilts up. When it is up the bottom of the grill (the front of the truck) is 10 feet off the ground making it very fast and easy to pull the motor if I have to or to work on any part of the truck. Right now the whole body weighs in at 450 Lbs and that is including the sub-frame that I built. I am not quite sure on the factory weight of the whole body but I am guessing its over 1200 Lbs no problem.

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Oh, thats just very good, I'm at a loss for words, well no I'm not, but it is very very very nice and makes me pine for my truck.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Can't Get Enough

Hey Ryan, is that the frame you removed every rivet from and bolted back together?

ryan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

yeah, that is the same frame that I tore apart and bolted back together. Have to wait a year yet to see how that stands up. There arn't to many of the factory cross members left anyway to work lose.

Ryan
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 03:41 AM

What kind/size tires are in the rear? I have two 8.25R20 tires with that same lug pattern!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

The tires are 16.5" and are made by GoodYear. I have seen this style of tire right up to 48" tall. The tire has a very very hard compound and on a really light track I might use them seeing they are only 30" tall making me able to get them up ontop and spinning.

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode