BFG MT's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BFG MT\'s?

My husband is on a business trip for 10 days
and I want to surprise him with new tires for his truck.
He has a 2000 GMC Sierra and I had a 3" FABTECH lift put on his truck for his bday.
Now I want to get him his tires.
He keeps mentioning BFG MT's. I plan to get them at Discount Tires but being a woman I want to know something before I address the salesman. Will I be able to handle these tires on the freeway because I drive the truck sometimes and going to work requires me to use the freeway. Are these tires good for freeway driving or will we be confined to just trailing on weekends, like I said I utilize my husbands truck at times...to pickup the kids at school or just to go to work.
I really want to surprise my husband
but I also don't want to spend the money neednessly.
Will these tires(with as much as I'm going to spend) be a good all around tires for my husbands needs as well as mine?
Could sure use your help guys...
Thank you guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: BFG MT\'s?

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>The BFG M/T is an excellent tire. There are some other tires out there that are a little bit cheaper and perform just as well, but in my opinion the BFG is one of the best performing (and the best looking) tires out there. The M/T has excellent highway manners, isn't too noisy, will last 40,000 miles if properly maintained, and still works real well in the dirt. If I were to buy a not-so-aggressive mud tire right now, it would be between the BFG M/T (which I have run on several trucks and have exactly zero complaints) or the new Goodyear MT/R, which is a fairly new tire that has been getting rave reviews. If he's been talking about the BFG though, get those ones, since like most men he has probably got his heart set on them and won't be happy with anything else [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

An excellent site to find tires and see how people rate them compared to each other - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.1010tires.com/>http://www.1010tires.com/</a>

Good lookin' tire -

Here's the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R, also a nice looking tire -
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 01:51 PM
SHOTGUN

BFG MT is a great tire. Plan on putting some on my Dodge when I wear out my Wild Countrys[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

My Dodge is a 3/4 Ton truck with a Diesel engine and I've heard of people getting 30-to-40 thousand miles out of them with trucks as heavy as mine (6 - 7,00 lbs.)

By the way do you have a Sister? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
logan_ut

In my opinion a BFG M/T is the best tire that combines off-road capability, treadwear, and looks at a reasonable price. I'm sure your husband will be plesantly surprised. Ditto on the sister question. I just hope that when I get married my wife is as cool. I can't seem to find a girlfriend that doesn't bitch about my trucks!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 09:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Logan UT.
Thanx a bunch! I will buy those tires
for my hubby now...
You were a grea.......t help!
I'm sorry to say that I don't have a sister cause I'm the only girl with six brothers,
maybe that's why I believe men should have there toys....But you sound real sincere and I truly believe that there is someone special out there for you. Just keep on truckin and May God Bless You.
Your email is the one that convinced me.
Take Care! Helen
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:44 PM
SHOTGUN

What about me and Shaggy?[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:46 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Ya can't please everyone, Mark.[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I assume that she meant that Logan's post put her over the top.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Both you guys were convincing aswell, my intentions were not to leave you out. I should of said "You'All" were great. It's just that I felt logan needed some support cause of what he said about his girlfriend. So I took it upon myself to lift his spirits by saying that everyone has someone outhere who loves to 4wheel and hit the outdoors. Sorry guys....Please Forgive Me and Thanx again for your convincing comments on the tires.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:12 PM

i maybe a bit late.....sorry. i can;t complainabout BFG as they have served me very well over the last few years,but i am no a big proponent of the cooper discoverer line. they are a wee bit cheaper as well. just tossing that out there, but FWIW you will not be disappointed with the BFGs. good luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:13 PM
SHOTGUN

[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode