Does a Spool for a 14FF exist?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Does a Spool for a 14FF exist??

Anyone have any ideas where I could find one?? I've looked around some, but can't seem to dig one up. I can weld it, but only if I have to. Any ideas, thoughts....??
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Does a Spool for a 14FF exist??

Jeez, seems like I've heard of them somewhere. Like someone was making some or something. Try asking over on www.ColoradoK5.com That might have been where I heard of it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 11:12 AM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Yes, somebody is making one now, I just saw it advertised in one of the rags. I'll look tonight and see if I can find out who it is. I beleive it's actually a mini-spool, but in a 14b that should be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

me too, saw it in a mag add. I wouldn't prend the money though but go to coloradok5.com and there is a tech article on an easy way to weld the spiders
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 06:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the help everyone. It'll be another month or so before I dig into it (I think), so if no one comes up with anything by then, I'll dust off the welder.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 09:48 AM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Found it. $209 from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.drivetraindirect.com>www.drivetraindirect.com</a>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 11:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yowch!! I'll dig out the welder and weld it together. Then I'll buy a 30-pack and torture test it with some friends. And still come in under $50!!

Thanks for the reasearch. It is appreciated. I was hoping it was in line with some of the others, under $100. Guess not.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 11:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

here, this is the page on how to weld the 14 bolt. I'm gonna do mine someday when I feel ambitios.
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/welded14bolt.shtml>http://www.coloradok5.com/welded14bolt.shtml</a>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just a note-even if you find that your rear end has the worn-out limited slip (Gov-Loc?) It can still be welded, same as the Colorado K5 article. If you are not worried about the spiders and side gears, I would weld them together rather than the K5 method of just filling in the spiders, I would think it to be stronger. With 4 spiders to weld, you should never have a problem with it breaking loose, no matter how many 30 packs you bring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode