What is it worth?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is it worth??

Six lug 14 bolt SF from a 94 or 95 Suburban(3.73's),Its still on my 86 SUburban that Ill use as a parts truck,the perches were relocated to fit the 86.Since I think Im better off keeping the 8 lug 14 bolt SF,and getting new wheels...I paid at least $1200 CAN for it,got it cleaned up and used it for a 1.5 yr..Or am I better of keeping it??Are the parts interchangable with an 8 lug SF?If so which parts interchange??
BTW heres a pic of just acquired Sub

Daz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 10:14 PM

Re: What is it worth??

No idea what its worth but there sure seems to be lots of IFS and blazer guys looking for those 6 lub 14SF.

IMHO sell it and use the money elsewhere. I dind't know they had 8-lug semi-floaters, but you could easily sell that 6-lug and by a 14FF with lots of cash to spare.

Where abouts in Canada are you??
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Mud in my Veins

Several years ago I picked a freshly rebuilt one up with 4.10's and the Gov Loc for $350. Quite a good steal. Then the shipping company (Airborne Express[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]) lost it. I would say you could get $700 US or so because it already has the work done to it to make it fit under an older truck, and it's not freshly rebuilt, but hasn't been that long since it was. Have you advertised it over on www.ColoradoK5.com?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 11:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im in Missisauga(west of Toronto)...I havent opened the cover yet but the hubs are not sticking out like the 14 bolt FF's so I assumed its an SF..I probably wont go for an FF unless its a great deal since I take the truck stream crossings for the most parts and some fun in shallow mud when camping.Ill probably put on the extra TPI that I have lying around before replacing the 14 bolt SF though..

Daz
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 11:27 PM
Mud in my Veins

Why would any of that stop you from replacing the 14SF with a cheaper, stronger, and more easily available 14FF? I'm just trying to understand the reasoning......

No hub = 14SF. Also the 14SF's "pumpkin" is round, while the 14FF's comes to a point on the bottom and top. Hard to miss, not to mention it's fricking massive.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what I meant was that I wont use the SF from my donor truck..If the 14 bolt on my truck broke then I would try to get an FF..I went with an SF before(donor car) cause wanted to keep the wheels(stupid me)..I guess Ill just look for wheels that will fit the 8 lug 14 bolt SF..Anybody know the backsapcing??Im looking at US wheel 70 series right now

daz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode