Gonna hurl, ORC/Chevy main page - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Gonna hurl, ORC/Chevy main page

Okay, I drive a 93 Geo Tracker now guys, yes, I sold that POS IFS Blazer finally. This gets good gas mileage and has real 4x4 with all coil springs, a low range, 5.12 gears, manual hubs, and it's IFS even works![img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] So I'm not trumpeting my truck over the following POS, not trying to get into a "my weener is bigger than his", contest, but ugh, look at this thing:

http://www.off-road.com/chevy/discotruck/2002_07/

Those have got to be some of the most arched leaf springs I have ever seen.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh Gee Whiz, Chrome Traction Bars![img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Yeah, that interior sure is a chick magnet, to bad the only ones who will be able to see in it are 7' tall WNBA forwards.........[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'scuse me, I'm gonna go hurl..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 11:12 PM

Re: Gonna hurl, ORC/Chevy main page

<font color=blue>I guess thats why I haven't looked at any ORC pages cept' the forums, Since like.....Hmm let me see....Oh yeah, When ever it was project Silverado came along. I got fed up after 3 months of nothing but that thing, And imported articles from other sections[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I think it was like october of last year![img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 11:36 PM

Yep, pretty much when <font color=green>Shawn</font color=green> left. Everything pretty much went to hell.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 01:42 AM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Wow, Andy's back with a vengeance! Hey dude, what's been going on? Trying to be like me now, disappear for a year and then show up and start posting like crazy again?[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Funny thing is, a good portion of the guys in here probably haven't been around long enough to remember when you one of the most regular of the regulars... Good to have you back, lest the BBS go the way of the Chevy section at ORC. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on where it's been headed, although judging by the newest article on it I think you've probably figured it out.[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I think maybe it's time we nominate a new editor and notify pjc of that fact, Shawn is a great guy, I have more reason to say that than probably anyone else in here due to some dealings that I've had with him in the past; but he must have some important things going on in his like right now, and ORC is not one of them.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:26 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

is it just me or are there flames etched in the exhaust pipe? also, is it just me or does the inside of the exhaust mighty clean?

i think i know why i always avoid gibson products. it's because they're so [censored] expensive and then they use the money on stupid [censored] like this.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Hey Shags, wow, things have changed on the home page. Didn't know Shawn was gone[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I knew he had stuff going on with his personal life, so I shouldn't be surprised. I won't even go near the IFS forum.

I sold the Blazer in late May, and decided against getting a K5......for now. I'd either have to go elsewhere in the country and drive it back to get a rust fee one, or pay an exorbinant amount to buy one that someone already did that with here in Michigan. So I picked up my buddy's 93 Geo Tracker 4x4 for $1400 and put the rest into my debt, which is almost gone.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Since then I've mainly been playing over on the ORC/Suzuki forum and another one for Trackers/Sidekicks/Vitaras/Escudos/Grand Vitaras/etc. Fun little vehicle, very easy to work on and well made. Suzuki actually designed these things with the thought that people might actually drive these things offroad. Just like Toyotas, they're overbuilt to a sense. You can run 31-33's on these things and go rock crawling and not be too worried about it. Itsy bitsy engine might have something to do with that, but hey........[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] People just don't give them any credit because of their image. They get lumped in with all the non low range car based "Cute Utes". However, while one of the busiest boards on the site, the Suzuki BBS is 95% Samurai stuff, so I decided to start poking around here again. The last issue of Four Wheeler kinda brought my interest back up in the K5's thanks to that red 72 on the cover and the Spring Thing run in Oklahoma.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be around.

Pictures of the Mighty Tracker:
<a target="_blank" href=http://tellico.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=offroadsuzuki&amp;Numb er=817540&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&a mp;o=0&amp;fpart=>http://tellico.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=offroadsuzuki&amp;Numb er=817540&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&a mp;o=0&amp;fpart=</a>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 01:32 PM

yeah, a guy my dad knows pretty well gets those Samuris all the time the count is now...5 i think, there great little run around trucks, im thinking about trading in the S-10 for one when i got to college.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Drey, they are good little trucks. I'd have gotten one, but Samurais are kinda scarce around Michigan and most of them that you can find are rusted up, rotted out hulks.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

If you're serious about it, try to find an early 90's one with the fuel injected 1.3L. Still rather anemic on power, but it has more power and gets better gas mileage than the carbed ones, along with the all angles running thing.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Or just swap in a bigger engine like everyone else does.....[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]........
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That truck looks like a lifted LIMO, with a ugly paint job.

YUCK!!!!!!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 09:53 PM

maybe ill just buy one outright, and swap in my 2.8 litre, might be decent power in one of them [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , I remember you AJM, Blazer 1500, with the BFG A/Ts, the imfamous Blazer that wouldnt drive straight, i also remember the rock crawling pic [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode