2 groove power steering pump pulley... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

2 groove power steering pump pulley...

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Still working on getting the York going. My plan has changed a bit, I'm trying to find out if a 2 groove power steering pump pulley exists, and if so if anyone has a spare one... A 2 groove water pump pulley might work too. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:59 PM

Re: 2 groove power steering pump pulley...

Well sir, I'm picking up my new pimp-mobile tomorrow[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] so if theres one on there, it's all yours, along with that steering column you want. And anything else off of it you want. 79 3/4 ton burban.

This is the only pic I have so I'm not sure on the pulley yet:

Found one for 30 bucks:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/new_page_10.htm#StPulleys>http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/new_page_10.htm#StPulleys</a>

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 08:10 PM

Oh, I have a question since I'm doing the same thing. My york has the tapered snout with a bolt hole in the end. Is this the same style as yours? Also, where are you getting your clutch? I need one ot match my serpantine belt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 10:45 PM

Yes they exist, my new motor has one on it.. the truck was a 79 heavy half w/ AC if that helps.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

<font color=green>Thanks Beater, I can use all the info that I can get right now...

Willis, looks like your beater may have what I'm looking for, looks like it may have had an AC compressor on there at one time, so hopefully it has the same setup that Beater has. My compressor came off of a Porsche 911 and has a beautiful pulley and clutch on it already, so I haven't really looked into pulleys. I have to imagine that a scrapyard is the best place to find the right pully, but a serpintine one may be difficult to find. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.onboardair.com/>http://www.onboardair.com/</a> sells a serpintine pulley and clutch, but the sucker is 4 times more than I paid for my whole compressor/pulley/clutch assembly.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 07:52 AM

Um, 110 bucks, errr, uh, junkyard time. I paid like 5 for my brand new compressor[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

<font color=green>That's a deal, I got my setup for $30. Still not bad, considering I see people selling used compressors for $80. Where's that truck!? Get your butt home man, I wanna know if you got the pulley I need! I'm all anxious to start working on this thing.

I've spent so much time in the garage in the last couple of days, crawling all over the truck making lists of all the stuff I need to do before it's ready to go. I think tonight I'm going to replace the window channels with the seals that I bought from the dealer like 2 years ago... The ones in there are so hard they actually snapped when I tried to pull them out.[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] these are the last seals that need to be replaced in the cab, hopefully it will fix the bad wind noise that it had before. Hmmm, I seem to have strayed from the subject...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 11:57 AM

Hmm, I'm picking the truck up tomorrow now[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. I took my trailer in to a shop yesterday to get the brakes fixed and got it home last night. Hooked up this morning and guess what, no brakes. So it's back there now with my truck. Scheduled to leave at 8am tomorrow and don't worry, first thing I'll do is let you know[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 07:43 PM

Guess what Shaggy! It has the 2 groove pulley. So, when I pull it off tomorrow I can send if off to you next week[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

<font color=green>SA-WEET! I owe ya one Willis, I'm sure I'll come up with something to give you in return. IM me when you get a chance, all of my info is in my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode