For Sale - 1988 K5 Trail Prepped $4500 delivered! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 09:17 AM
Corey-88K5

For Sale - 1988 K5 Trail Prepped $4500 delivered!

Well folks, it's that time.

!!! FOR SALE !!!
1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Asking: $4500

Information:
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Rear Window
Cruise Control
Delay Wipers
A/C (INOP) - needs service (leak in system)
Rear Side Slider Windows
31-Gallon Fuel Tank
Tow Hitch & Wires
Deep floor mats

Color: Exterior - Black
Interior - Maroon
Electronics: Cobra CB W/Dual Antennas, PA
AM/FM Radio
Rear View Mirror w/lights (out of 94 S-10 Blazer)

Engine: 5.7ltr (350) Fuel Injected
Trans: 700R4
T-Case: 208
Drive Shaft: Rear - CV Style (Six States)
Front - Stock
Front Axle: Stock GM 10Bolt 3.42:1 Gears (open)
Rear Axle: 94 GM 3/4 S/F 14blt 3.42:1 Gears (open)
Exhaust: Single inlet 2 outlet alum muffler, chrome tips (semi-rusted)
Brakes: Front - Stock (replaced all components a couple years ago)
Rear - TSM Disc w/Stainless Steel Flex Lines
Tires: BFG M/T's (Aprox 1/2 Tread / w/ Nearly new spare)
Wheels: Alum. Bullet Hole
Suspension: Front: Rancho 4" Springs
Rear: Shackle Flip W/Stock Springs & 2" Blocks
Shocks: Rancho RS5000 (NEED REPLACING!!!!)
Armor: Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier & recovery Points (KMA), Nerf Bars w/Herculiner

Has battery tray for dual batteries

Extra Set of 6" Springs
Fully Poly Kit in suspension
Extra Set of Front Gears, Front Axle Shafts

Noted information:
A/C is inop. Compressor was replaced when purchased; there is a leak in the system
CD Player works as an AM/FM radio, CD Player sometimes works
Truck is in DIRE need of new shocks. I would replace them, but new owner may opt to put in the 6" springs
Although the interior has no rips or tears in the seats, some of the floor carpet is dirty. The truck was partially submerged in water to the point of the carpet getting wet, there are absolutely NO problems with electronics(see the pic on my photo page), and there hasnít been in the 3yrs since the incident.

May consider PARTIAL trade for 85 or Newer Toyota P/U, Four Runner or Land Cruiser 4x4 and in build able condition

Although this truck has been wheeled, I have always taken care of it. I would have no hesitation to drive this truck to the Atlantic if need be (other than fuelÖ) Iím selling this truck to start a new project. The only note worthy problems with the truck are: Sloppy Steering (shocks would help some) Drive shaft leaks fluid from output shaft seal, minor dent in driveshaft (moab incident), rear main leak on engine, when the engine is cold, the starter doesnít always engage the first time. As with most wheeled vehicles, the paint isn't perfect. There are some brush scratches down the vehicle. The scratches are not unsightly, and there are nearly no dents on the truck. If you have any questions please donít hesitate to ask. For anybody wanting to see pictures of this truck in action please check out my web site and view the pictures:
www.geocities.com/corey_perez if you are interested in seeing the reviews on products that have been tested (and sorry, mostly not included) check out www.off-road.com/chevy You will beable to see the rear bumper that is included on this truck. The front bumper will be a stock bumper. There may be more items that I will list as I remember them.

The Truck is located about 20 Miles North of Salt Lake City in Utah. I would be more than willing (Price depending) to deliver this vehicle upon purchase up to a reasonable distance. Price being the determining factor on the distance delivered. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any of the below contact points:

[email protected]
[email protected]
801-593-9705

<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: For Sale - 1988 K5 Trail Prepped $4500 delivered!

Man, maybe in October when my buddy gets back from the army. Sounds about what he wants and we are in northern Wyomign so not a long long ways away. Lemme know if it is still avaliable in a month or 2
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, a long time CK5er going over to the dark side...........[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Corey-88K5

If the blazer is for sale in 2 months, just write me and I'll let you know. As far as going over to the dark side, after being out to Tellico &amp; Moab... I need something I don't have to dump 5k in Drivetrain to wheel the way I like to... This truck was set up great for North Carolina, but I don't know about this Moab stuff!

Corey
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Corey-88K5

Well folks, I've had a few people interested in it, but I'm looking to move this truck SOON! I've got another project that I'd like to get started on, and some bills I'd like to pay off before the "interest free" time runs up. If anybody is in my area the truck is yours ( FOR A LIMITED TIME) for $3700. This will include the dual batteries AND the front bumper. I'm planning on taking all the stuff off it that I want and actually getting around to getting it ready for sale at the end of this month, at that time its going for $4500 FIRM. Also, this is a cash only deal, and no delivery offer. I'm also going to be removing all of the car stereo equipment, so there will not be any speakers in the holes, but for $3700 the buyer can deal with that!

If you are interested, you have just over 2 weeks! I'm getting ready to do a "drill" and I won't have too much time to mess with this truck for the next two weeks, so....

Best of luck,

Corey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode