Paging Jason - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 12:51 AM
SHOTGUN

Paging Jason

Hey a little O/T buy my mom wants to put a CD player in her 96 Toyota Camry. Now I've always had Sony head units. Never had any problem with them, in fact my stereo guy only carries Sony and Blapunkt (sp?) and hardly any of the latter.

Anyhow my mom isn't old she's about 45, but when it comes to CD players she's .... how do you say..... illiterate (sp?). I would like your suggestion on something simple, low(er) cost range, and decent to put into her car.

I told her I'd talk to my stereo guy and see what all he had, but I'm thinking maybe more along the lines of Pioneer or something for mom. Just keep those 3 ideals in mind when giving your opinion.

Thanks man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 05:23 AM

Re: Paging Jason

I'm not Jason, but Pioneer has a nice $140 unit. Detachable face, blue screen, CD player, Easy EQ, presets,all that good crap. Its pretty cheap but good for the money I think.
Now, illiterate is right, Blaupunkt-that one was wrong [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 07:53 AM

PIONEER BABY! Yeah, I like pioneer's decks. That and jvc is about all I use. Anyway, it depends on how much you want to spend, this is a real nice model for an msrp of 300, which means about 250 at the shops:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,21413,00.html

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Jesus Willybob, you're the god of stereos now it seems, I hope you dont stat attraction the types with sigs like "01 Z71 sixteen 15" ers and a 10000 watt amplerfier and 235/75 R 15 tire" I'll shoot you in the damn head.

Anywho, the first 4 pioneer models on their line are a real good value and I love them. Real popular around here.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 10:18 PM

Hey now, ive got 235/75/R15s [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] you suggestin somethin RJ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 10:48 PM

Hehe, I don't advertise, everyone just seems to know[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I can't help it if I am the man of endless knowledge[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Nope not at all, someone in a stock truck can and has whupped anything Ive ever done wheeling, and maybe you could too, or maybe not, I'm just saying I don't want this to turn into truckworld or www.Bling-bling-rolling-on-the-armoralled-44's.com you know?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:43 AM

I have a Clarion BD216 it sounds great and it takes a lot to get it to skip. I have had all 4 wheels over a foot off the ground(long story) and it didnt skip. Also it was only $190 with tax. My dad has a Sonly Xplod in his big truck and it skips really easy along with my friend who has the same head unit in his BMW. My dad has a Pioneer in his van and that is a good unit for the price. The Blaupunkt like Clarion was pretty big years ago. My cousin has a Blaupunkt in his car and I dont think I have heard any thing better on just 2 6x9s.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 02:16 PM

i know RJ i was just kiddin around, and by now way cold my truck beat your truck off road at anything, BECUASE of those tiny damn tires
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Resurrection_Joe

No I was serious, I suck and have little experiance on the trail. But anyway, I'm sure you suck too... [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode