Hey Sandman what gives? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 12:15 AM
SHOTGUN

Hey Sandman what gives?

Ok within the past couple of weeks I have had to login in numerously with my user name and password. Tonight I got home, logged on AOHELL and opened my favorites and clicked on ORC SFA and I was greeted with "please enter username and password". Is something up with the system? I have it book marked in my favorites on my AOHELL account. I frequently use my account off of my girlfriends PC at her house, but I don't think that would cause it? Anybody have'n the same trouble?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 12:22 AM

Re: Hey Sandman what gives?

I usually have to re-login about every month or so. Don't know why, it just loses the cooky or something.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 02:04 AM
Mud in my Veins

yeah, lately i've had to login about once a week. before the new bbs came around, i think the only time i ever logged in was the day i registered, 3 years ago! you might check your browser settings, IE will delete the cookies after a set amount of time has elapsed, though it might be a server side action to limit the number of dormant cookies it has to keep up with or something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 01:13 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">It's been a long while since i've had to enter my password/username... I think it's an issue with your cookies.. AOHell makes your system FUBAR anyhow with their special little version of the browser that they screw up and so forth... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I'd never run that crap... Not sure though, no problem on this end and this is the first I've heard of it...

Perhaps your computer clears the cookies once in a while. Every time you clear the cookie for the site you'll have to re-login...</font>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 01:37 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>I also had to login again for the first time in months, both at home and at work.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 01:59 PM

Hey welcome back shaggs.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 03:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Same thing here. I have to login almost everytime.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 04:04 PM

I dont have a problem with logging in BUT..
When I check posts, when I'm done reading the thread I go up to the top and click 'GM Standard IFS Trucks &amp; SUV's'(or whatever forum I'm in) rather than clicking back. This usually updates the page so the the bracket with <font color=blue>(1)</font color=blue> the amount of new messages goes away. Lately the forums won't do that and the <font color=blue>(1)</font color=blue> stays there regardless of the fact that I've read that post already.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 04:17 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Thanks Jason.

Hey, anybody what's up with the new chat thingy? I try to log in and it says that Shaggy is already a registered name, and aasks for a password. I put the same password in that I use here but it doesn't recognize it. I'm assuming that the client is on some other system and some other dude is out there already registered as Shaggy?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

regarding the chat name. the chat channel is located on an actual irc server. thus another user has taken that name. nothing we can do, its just one of the penalties of joining in a quasi busy server

theo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode