pics of my chevy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 11:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

pics of my chevy

Here are some pics of my 85 chevy 3/4 4x4. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jjtdiceman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 04:15 PM

Re: pics of my chevy

Damn, thats nice. Do you get it dirty much, or leave the mud for the quads?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 12:11 AM
SHOTGUN

You so suck!![img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

No not really, but I'm definately GREEN with envy! I wished my K20 looked that good, but its FAR FAR from it. And probably will be for a while. Whenever I get my lift on it then I'll beat on it on the trails, then I'll get tired of beat'n on it and fix it up![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

By the way what tire/wheel combo your running, and where did you get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have never taken it in the mud. I just painted it about a month ago and I'm waiting to make sure it's gonna stay on there. Also I don't have a front driveshaft. I need to have one made. I bought the truck on march 9 from a roofing and siding auction, so you can imagine how it looked. It was white, bed was beat to hell, had extra holes drilled all over, interior was completely trashed, about 4 wasp nests under the hood, duct taped wires, exhaust close hangered up, plexiglass for rear window, 4 different tires, no mirrors, rusted bumpers, I could go on and on. Basically I've replaced just about everything. I only have sundays to work on it. I work 16 hours every day monday thru saturday so all week I'm planning what I'll do to it on sunday. I wish I would have bought bigger tires now. It's got plenty of clearance with the 6" trailmaster lift and 315/75-r16 pro comp mud terrains. The wheels are 16x10 mickey thompson classic 2's. I will be going to 38's next. I bought them from my local tire shop. Right now I'm having a problem with it no kicking down when I floor it. I've checked the carb for vaccuum lines, timing, linkage, and still nothing. It's got a 350 motor, 400 turbo tranny, 208 transfer case. When I put it to the floor, it just slowy speeds up. What is the problem with it?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 11:52 AM
72dreamer

fuel delivery related, maybe? is the carb and motor new? fuel pump could be bad. this happened to me before. it was the fuel pump. on another occassion it wouldn't even idle fine. it turned out to be the carb filter. replaced it and all was good. does it do this when in park and you're revving it or is it when you're already moving and try and floor it? reason i ask is cuz of this cable which connects from either the pedal or carb linkage to the tranny. anyone know what i'm talking bout specifically?
btw, nice ride you got there man!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have went through everything and I believe that it's the detent switch. I'm going to swing by the dealership and pick one up. It's the only thing that is left that I haven't replaced or checked.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

nice choice of wheels [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

mnorby, nice truck. What kind of roll bar you got in that truck? I'd like to add one to mine but don't know what to get.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 11:32 PM
Jonathan

Damn dude, I didn't know you were on ORC too. You seem to be on all 3 of my regular boards.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 08:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

NICE!!!!!!!

Put some 1 tons under it~! BoB it! And that would be more awsome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode